Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where will we come in the Championship 'attendance league' next season?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Cardiff's figures are of interest as they are the only team experiencing the first year of a new ground bounce, albeit no a radical as change as we will be.

Ronnie

Jan 6, 2009
The Herb Garden
Team Pld Total Highest Average Capacity Pct

3 Norwich City (2) 19 478840 26532 25202 26034 96.8%

Interesting figures - Norwich's highest gate attendance is 498 above the grounds capacity
Think the Club might be getting a call from the Licensing Authority - if I can spot it I am sure
someone else will.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
And Charlton.

I've always assumed we do as the crowds, particularly recently, seem much less than the attendance announced. BUT (a) how do they do it, we have pull-out-bits-of-paper season tickets (rather than fancy swipe cards), do they just ignore them and only count bought tickets, added to the ST total; I'd assume they use the turnstile rotations to count people which wouldn't differentiate between ST and non-ST, AND (b) what would be the actual point of increasing our attendance figures, if anything you'd want to give lower than actual figures as policing and stewarding costs (a big issue in the lower leagues) are based on attendances; there doesn't seem any reasonable reason to overstate attendances, unless we are trying to pretend we are still a "big club". And we all know by now we aren't. So having previosuly assumed we include non attending ST holders myself, I now think we don't, as it makes more sense not to. IMHO.

Even with a full away end, we will be lucky to get 20,000 in the Amex. If we think there are a lot of STH no shows now, just wait til next year!

Unless of course the club instigate an online ticket exchange, which would mean a full ground, happy STH's and happy non STH's. In fact happy everyone.

Why the heck is this not yet done?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Team Pld Total Highest Average Capacity Pct

3 Norwich City (2) 19 478840 26532 25202 26034 96.8%

Interesting figures - Norwich's highest gate attendance is 498 above the grounds capacity
Think the Club might be getting a call from the Licensing Authority - if I can spot it I am sure
someone else will.

:laugh: Good spot! :smokin:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Even with a full away end, we will be lucky to get 20,000 in the Amex. If we think there are a lot of STH no shows now, just wait til next year!

Unless of course the club instigate an online ticket exchange, which would mean a full ground, happy STH's and happy non STH's. In fact happy everyone.

Why the heck is this not yet done?

Ticket exchange?

It seems the club is well aware of the potential problems. I can't believe they won't set one up.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
If we are doing well I can see us getting full houses even against the less well supported teams as half the South Stand can be made available for home support.

I think we'll average over 20,000. If in the play off zone most of the season I think it will be nearer 22,000.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here