Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where were you born?

Go on then, tell us where you came into this world...

• Brighton & Hove

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Somewhere else in Sussex

Votes: 71 37.6%
  • In the UK but outside Sussex

Votes: 56 29.6%
  • Outside the UK but in Europe

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Outside Europe

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Somewhere else

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was thrown from my mother's tubes and cast into this breathy horror of a world in Reading, 1975. Brighton permitted us some 18 months later.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Barrel of Fun said:
Strange. I thought my generation (mid 20s) were generally born in Cuckfield. I seem to remember a large amount of posters being born there, last time this thread was done.

I should have made it clearer! If you lived in the catchment area of the RSCH (Lewes and the surrounding villages) Brighton was where your children were born. Mid Sussex babies came into the world at Cuckfield Hospital and, in this neck of the woods, anyone in Selmeston and beyond ended up having their babies at Eastbourne. Which, at the time, was not the best of choices!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
SEAFORD.
.:clap2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
roz said:
I should have made it clearer! If you lived in the catchment area of the RSCH (Lewes and the surrounding villages) Brighton was where your children were born. Mid Sussex babies came into the world at Cuckfield Hospital and, in this neck of the woods, anyone in Selmeston and beyond ended up having their babies at Eastbourne. Which, at the time, was not the best of choices!

Ah! I was a Withdean resident from Day 0, but born in Cuckfield. My sister was born in Cuckfield 3 years earlier, when my parents lived in Wilmington. It seems they were able to select Cuckfield for my birth. Cheeky blighters.

D

Deleted User X18H

The Famous Buckingham Road Hospital Brighton, Hove Ward.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Edinburgh....well, near there anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here