Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where were the missing seats?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Weren't Arsenal 200 odd missing to start with, didn't they sell out their 4k but the announcement was 3,800 odd turned up.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've often wondered why as there has to be segregation in the SE corner, why wasn't the ambulance access installed there? Are the levels off in that corner?

Yes, I think the ground level at that corner is a lot higher than pitch level. At the north end of the ground either side of the access to the North Stand is approx. pitch level.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Weren't Arsenal 200 odd missing to start with, didn't they sell out their 4k but the announcement was 3,800 odd turned up.

they sold 3900 according to Darren Balkham so approx 100 "no shows"

In total it looks like around 750/800 purchased a ticket then didn't bother to come to the game?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
they sold 3900 according to Darren Balkham so approx 100 "no shows"

In total it looks like around 750/800 purchased a ticket then didn't bother to come to the game?

So 2½% Arsenal and 3½% Brighton that seems a sensible level of people missing the game due to illness, travel problems and other unforseen problems

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I love the now regular attendance crisis threads we have on NSC these days.

Can't imagine how many there must me on the BBS given their home crowds. If the attitude of some on here is anything to go by, Palace must be suicidal.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think the capacity was increased from 27,250 to 27,750. About 600 were used for segregation, it would've been more if not for some being removed and put in the NE corner.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Given that the capacity of the Amex is now 28,000, and the final capacity will be 31,000, where will the extra 3,000 seats go? The NW corner will not accommodate them, surely?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oddly, at 12.30pm on Saturday, a large lorry was in Beaconsfield Road with what appeared to be hundreds of padded blue stadium seat partly covered by tarpaulin on the back.

Pretty poor by the club then. They had at least two & a half hours to drive them to the Amex, bolt them down, sell the tickets and fill the ground up a bit more.

That Barber really doesn't have a clue.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
around 500 seats went in to the north east corner and there is still a section to fill. My guess is that the north west corner will accomodate at least 2000 and probably a bit more

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
around 500 seats went in to the north east corner and there is still a section to fill. My guess is that the north west corner will accomodate at least 2000 and probably a bit more
This. The "Curva Nord" is massive.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
There was a spare seat next to me, but it has been vacant for every home game this season so nothing new there.

Very weird. And I have excellent personal hygiene too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here