Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where were the missing seats?

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I was under the impression the ground was sold out except for 30 or 40 1901 seats in the new section. With the new 1901 and the south stand boxes adding about 400 seats to the previous capacity I thought capacity would be near 28000 now. So why was the attendance just over 27000

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was under the impression the ground was sold out except for 30 or 40 1901 seats in the new section. With the new 1901 and the south stand boxes adding about 400 seats to the previous capacity I thought capacity would be near 28000 now. So why was the attendance just over 27000

Well the 500 they sold in the NE corner were not additional seats, as they were removed from the South stand.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So how comes 500 seats went on sale Friday?

It was a small part of the NE corner where they removed seats from other parts of the ground and installed them there. Basically the ones that would have had netting on then as dividing fans

They moved the seats that were never going to be sold due to the sterile area between fans and put them in the corner so they could be sold.

i think.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So how comes 500 seats went on sale Friday?

You misunderstand. Seats were physialy removed from the south and east stand (replaced by blue things to separate home and away supporters). So while there were 500 more seats in the north east, there were 500 fewer in the south/east stands, so over all there were not additional seats, just relocated seats.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.

If you'd been there you'd have seen why.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
If you'd been there you'd have seen why.

Of course i was there. You obviously have failed to understand the question i was asking. Because the 500 seats were moved to NE it meant that the 500 could be sold thus upping the possible attendance to close to the physical capacity. A few seats were used by stewards but nothing like enough to make the numbers add up

Actually as you were there why not give us an explanation in place of your earlier reply.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Due to the requirement to have 2 sections of unused seats to segregate the away fans it'd be almost impossible to have a capacity crowd.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was a few empty seas around me in WSU

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Due to the requirement to have 2 sections of unused seats to segregate the away fans it'd be almost impossible to have a capacity crowd.

Why is it an requirement to reserve two whole blocks for segregation whereas in the premiership you see just a couple of rows of stewards.

Dec 29, 2011

That's the point, there were no unused seats yesterday. All the segregation seats were used in the NE corner. I also wondered why we didn't have 27,500, seeing as the 1901 seats had been installed an no seats were unused for segregation, where did the 500 non-sold tickets come from?

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I've often wondered why as there has to be segregation in the SE corner, why wasn't the ambulance access installed there? Are the levels off in that corner?

Dec 29, 2011
Yes, you are correct but my take on it is that two sections are block is it not? What to define two sections and two blocks?

A section is an allocated number of columns picked by the club. A more firey game will have more columns and as such, a bigger section. A block is always the same number of seats such as "J Block", "A block", etc.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Yes, you are correct but my take on it is that two sections are block is it not? What to define two sections and two blocks?

A block of seats is from one stairway to the next. A section of seats could be 4 seats from each row.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here