Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the SW log-in box?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
should be next to the seach engine about 3 inches from the top in the middle. You may find you are all ready logged in.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If you're looking to find commentary, go to the 'Match' tab and look right down the bottom.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I find the SW site pretty crap for navigation.

Most people want commentary, so why isn't there a bloody great red 'commentary' button on every page.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Don't worry mate. The navigation on the site is sodding appalling. It's at the top.

What pisses me off, is that you need to dig down to find the live comm. It should be on the sodding front page. It should say in big letters

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO LIVE COMM NOW!!

The marketing guys hide it away so click their shitty ads.

When they took over they all sat round in a meeting and said, "Let's hide the button away, so these plebs click our ads instead, and we can justify charging these companies £10,000 a year for advertising on our range of sites"

Well tough luck fuckers, because I don't click any. I know your game!! Make lots of money, but still provide a shit service.

Last edited:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Don't worry mate. The navigation on the site is sodding appalling. It's at the top.

What pisses me off, is that you need to dig down to find the live comm. It should be on the sodding front page. It should say in big letters

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO LIVE COMM NOW!!

The marketing guys hide it away so click their shitty ads.

When they took over they all sat round in a meeting and said, "Let's hide the button away, so these plebs click our ads instead, and we can justify charging these companies £10,000 a year for advertising on our range of sites"

Well tough luck fuckers, because I don't click any. I know your game!! Make lots of money, but still provide a shit service.

Jokes on them. I never pay any attention whatsoever to any of the adverts. Couldn't tell you one that appears on our page.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
The problem is now that when WMP comes up it says "the file or device you are trying to use requires a component of WMP to be upgraded. click upgrade to download and install the required component". When I do so, it comes up "the component could not be upgraded"

Download the latest media player from Microsoft
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx

It's pathetic these days. Basically you need to login to SW, then login again when you want to listed the comm. You then download a licence which is a complete nuisance, but allows you to play the content without having to login.

Download the latest media player from Microsoft
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx

Where is the Security component upgrade page?

Windows Media Player Error Message Help
You've encountered error message C00D11DD while using Windows Media Player. The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue.

Cannot play protected files
Windows Media Player cannot play any protected content. Typically, this occurs when the Player is unable to download Windows Media Digital Rights Management (DRM) system components.

To resolve the problem, do one or more of the following:

Verify that you are connected to the Internet. If so, go to the Security component upgrade page, and then click Upgrade. This will upgrade the DRM components on your computer.

If your computer is configured to use a proxy server to access the Internet, confirm the HTTPS proxy settings are correct.

In the Player, click the arrow below the Library tab, click More Options, and then click the Network tab. In the Streaming proxy settings section, verify the HTTP protocol setting is correct. (You may need to click Configure to check on customized settings.) If the setting is set to Browser, then verify the proxy setting used in Internet Explorer.

Start Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, click Internet Options, click the Connections tab, click the LAN Settings button, and then in the Proxy server section, verify that your proxy server settings are correct.

If you do not know what your proxy settings should be, contact your network administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Try using the protected file again later. The Windows Media DRM server might be temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Details
This error might have been triggered by an error in another program or component of Windows. The following information describes the original error.

Original Error Code
Original Error Message

800C2F8F
error message not available

Additional Assistance
For information about obtaining technical support from Microsoft, see the Troubleshooting Windows Media Player page.

For general information about using Windows Media Player and other Windows Media technologies, see the Windows Media Player FAQ page or the Windows Media Knowledge Center.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I found this on a forum. Try it!!

!snooping though the page source code for the licence site, i was able to discover that all the page does is checks your media player version and then navagates you to the correct site wich will then open media player and start to download the update.
manually going to the site will have the same effect:

type this in your address bar:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=49282

I found this on a forum. Try it!!

!snooping though the page source code for the licence site, i was able to discover that all the page does is checks your media player version and then navagates you to the correct site wich will then open media player and start to download the update.
manually going to the site will have the same effect:

type this in your address bar:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=49282

As before, it displays "the file or device you are trying to use requires a component of WMP to be upgraded. click upgrade to download and install the required component". When I do so, it comes up "the component could not be upgraded" I am then directed to the explanations previously posted.
I really need to first access the security upgrade page it specifies so I can upgrade the DRM components, but can't find it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here