Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the money coming from for all these signings?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I just hope that we don't see Whing and Forster as the answer to all our prayers, because I still think we are lacking in other areas, particularly if Bertin doesn't stay (which is more and more likely).

Thats my worry and all the time he mucks around decent replacements are being snapped up, I really would give him a time limit.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Don't doubt that in order to balance the playing budget they will look to offload a few of the peripheral players in due course whether it is out on loan (Robinson and Gatting have been suggested?) or sold (Savage perhaps?) plus whether, for example, Bertin signs or not.
Exactly what the balancing act requires I suspect even DW and DK won't know until they complete their squad building. One crucial aspect already mentioned by many is that the majority of our squad are relatively low earners having come through the youth set-up.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I really don,t know...............but I,m sure it would be unthinkable, to even suggest that possibly this Board of Directors have seen the hardcore of support dropping, and have decided that investment in the playing side, might just put "bums on seats" and provide the necessary income to pay for them ?..........................no..................definitely not.

That is it, as far as I'm concerned... fail to invest and die...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The thing about "Fail to invest and die" is that it simply doesn't apply in the short term.

This club cannot afford to compete in the Championship - to do that in recent seasons we've had to spend other people's money. This is money that has to be repaid at some time in the future.

If Dick Knight could write the script he'd probably go for Play-Off Final heartbreak in 2007/08, then promotion joy in 2008/09. That way the books get balanced.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This club cannot afford to compete in the Championship - to do that in recent seasons we've had to spend other people's money. This is money that has to be repaid at some time in the future.

If Dick Knight could write the script he'd probably go for Play-Off Final heartbreak in 2007/08, then promotion joy in 2008/09. That way the books get balanced.

Sound judgement

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here