Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the money coming from for all these signings?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If we are totally in the shit moneywise, and we have not let go anyone of note, and we are losing a million a year, great that it is that we are signing players, How are we affording them?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Perhaps insider has been passing on Uncle Spielberg's tips to Dick and co.

Perhaps it has got to the point where the board realise it is do or die and they are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I thought we had some money in the budget left over from last season after the Constantine transfer came to nothing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
When did you last check your bank account David. Maybe (alledgedley) the Albion are siphoning off your offshore millions.

what money....I live day to day mate.

:whisky::whisky::whisky::whisky:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Maybe the playing budget has been better than we thought and it just needed the right manager to spend it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The club have always said there is money for transfers.

Sake we just signed a much need striker and people still moan.

blimey..I am not moaning, I am ecstatic....a really good signing and with Whing a positive move in the right direction....I am just confused as to the messages eminating from people in teh "so called" know

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We've had shit loads of money coming in over the last few years ie 300k a+ k , 250k cullip , 150k currie , 600k harding , 250k spurs away , 1.5m virgo , 250k west ham away , 350k ckr, 100k Leon K ??

understandably most gone into black hole but as most is bonus money that couldnt of been budgeted , I'm not at all suprised 75k became available. I think we should have at least another 100k if the budget DK describes as one of the best in L1 is to be believed.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
How are we affording them?

Because it's in the budget.

I'm not "in the know" but I would presume the board set an overall budget for the club every year, this budget shows the club making a loss that the shareholders will have agreed to make up. Part of the budget is the playing budget - no playing budget, no club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Because it's in the budget.

I'm not "in the know" but I would presume the board set an overall budget for the club every year, this budget shows the club making a loss that the shareholders will have agreed to make up. Part of the budget is the playing budget - no playing budget, no club.

I totally agree, that is how all businesses work, however I am just surprised ( pleasantly) that we have managed to take on a couple of players so far on to the wages bill etc without really hitting the sales of players that much.

As I said, its not a critisism, in fact iot is priase for the financial wizzards at the club really

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Maybe Dick believe Falmer will be a Yes, and that's making him feel a little more confident about engaging in transfer fees.

Having said that, didn't we offer 100k in January?

Either way, it's a good sign, and it brings with it renewed hope for the future

I did laugh last night though, on BBC SCR, they announced the 75k move for Forster, then the next news item was Thierry Henry's 16 million pound move to Barca, kinda puts us in our place!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
If we are totally in the shit moneywise, and we have not let go anyone of note, and we are losing a million a year, great that it is that we are signing players, How are we affording them?

I really don,t know...............but I,m sure it would be unthinkable, to even suggest that possibly this Board of Directors have seen the hardcore of support dropping, and have decided that investment in the playing side, might just put "bums on seats" and provide the necessary income to pay for them ?..........................no..................definitely not.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
The money will be re-couped when we sell Lynch to Stoke next week for £500k and Gatting to QPR for £275,000.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sounds to me that the board have a had a rethink on the CKR windfall and decided (wisely) to invest a small part of that on the playing side...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here