Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the Gus Bus going to stop?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
A lot of vacancies, but not a good time to be an inexperienced manager looking for a bigger job...there's a heap of seasoned managers out there now. Premier League feels unlikely for Gus.
Exactly this. Far too many top manager shifting around at the moment for Poyet to get a Prem job. My guess is before the Gus Bus stops at its next destination, he'll have to hop on a plane first. I can see him going overseas somewhere. I would have been surprised if another club would have taken before all this blew up. I don't think they will go near him now. Its not liked he pissed off a Wolves or Blackburn type club. He had one of the most, if not the most, sought after job outside the Premiership, and managed to piss off its hands off, layed back chairman. I think there's too many good managers around to warrant a chairman taking a risk with Gus.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Wouldn't surprise me if its Leeds or Leicester.

Gus may perceive these to be bigger spenders than us, although I'm quite sure how that will turn out FFP?

I don't think Gus's stock is as high as it was a month ago and maybe Prem clubs might not be quite as willing to give him the reins.

Of course if the Gus bus stops at another Championship club then it will be an interesting rivalry next season.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Quite possibly Leicester, as Pearson is surely under pressure there. If he were to go abroad, then a lower end of the table La Liga team could be a possibility.

One other thought is possibly the Uruguay national manager's job. Tabarez is struggling to qualify Uruguay for the World Cup next year after a bad run of results. If they don't make it, there's got to be a strong chance they will need a new manager.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Either way, he'll get a decent job somewhere. If it IS Leicester or Leeds and he stays in the Championship you have to question that move, particularly as the Albion produced automatic promotion-winning form over the whole course of the second half of the season, with no reason to suppose they wouldn't have continued that form into 2013/14.

I'm beginning to wonder about Charlie Oatway and where he goes from here. He represented the Albion, the bloke could have been our Sammy Lee or Pat Rice, i.e. club stalwart who remains part of the management team for decades under various managers. He may have blown it.

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
QUOTE=Bra;5729517]Not sure it will be his decision on where or when he goes. Under suspension here and under contract, he will only speak to who we allow him too and I dont get the impression the club are going to be nice about it. He could be cutting his grass at home for a while.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Gus may have shot himself in the foot, and maybe other clubs may not want to pick up someone who is disloyal.
unem.jpg[

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Either way, he'll get a decent job somewhere. If it IS Leicester or Leeds and he stays in the Championship you have to question that move, particularly as the Albion produced automatic promotion-winning form over the whole course of the second half of the season, with no reason to suppose they wouldn't have continued that form into 2013/14.

I'm beginning to wonder about Charlie Oatway and where he goes from here. He represented the Albion, the bloke could have been our Sammy Lee or Pat Rice, i.e. club stalwart who remains part of the management team for decades under various managers. He may have blown it.

I think your last paragraph hits the proverbial nail on the head in this sad affair

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Damn you Smiler!

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Gus started "pimping" himself a year early. He obviously felt he was ready for the prem and I believe arrogant enough to think he would win the play-offs and then leave on a win win basis. It all backfired because now nobody seems to want him. He would have been better sticking to his original plan of getting us to improve each year, which he did this year. Next year should have been his big year, but not sure where he will end up now. He may have to start rebuilding his reputation again. He has the potential to be a good manager, but he could be his own worse enemy when it comes to his progression.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here