Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is nice/nasty in Haywards Heath and Lindfield

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Oh god avoid HH, it's shit, I have the misfortune of working there. Lindfield is it's only saving grace- i live by the pond- lovely. Great for a family too

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Well I presume the tenants tried their best, but a lot of it is being knocked down by the council because with the exception of the large flats I think. Knock down and start again, the best thing for it IMO.

Used to be known as Dodge City when I worked in Lindfield; don't know if it's as bad now. Lucastes Estate is probably the nicest part of Haywards Heath, but is expensive as it is close to the station. Lindfield house prices are at a premium, as it's still regarded as being a village. You could cycle to the station from Ardingly in the morning, nice village as Danny Boy says, but I wouldn't fancy it after a day's work as it's all uphill, but then I'm a lazy old beggar. You won't be able to park anywhere near the station if you don't buy near there - there are restrictions everywhere and the car park costs a whack.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
im in ardingly about 2 miles north of haywards heath. is lovely village , 2 pubs great school 2 great nurseries and a bakery. what more do you want

I lived there for 12 years. How is Bunn the baker? I hear young Bradley is back in charge of the Inn.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh god avoid HH, it's shit, I have the misfortune of working there. Lindfield is it's only saving grace- i live by the pond- lovely. Great for a family too

Might need to change your username and location.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If you want to move to HH, one area to look at is the Harlands area (where the 6th form college is) - not far from the station and it was always a bit cheaper, but is probably still bloody expensive.

Not having lived there for a while so someone may contradict me, I would look at Burgess Hill, particularly the new bits (Priory Village etc). I was bought up in HH (one of the posh bits) but moved down to Priory Village when I got married as it was significantly cheaper than HH. It is, or was, a nice estate, lots of little playgrounds, loads of youngish mums for your other half to swop smelly nappy stories with, about 10 minutes walk from BH station and the town centre, not far from the Triangle Leisure Centre etc etc. And you can walk to Tescos and there are lots of fields to exercise your dogs (if you have dogs)!!

If you have not seen it already, this pretty much sums up HH (and all of the mid sussex commuter towns to be fair) http://www.thisishaywardsheath.com/home.htm

Bear schools in mind though - friends of ours recently moved from BH to Hurstpierpoint so that their children could go to Downlands in Hassocks, rather than Oakmeeds in BH, which would suggest that Downlands is a better school, but maybe they are just snobs!!

Oathall - Boo!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here