Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
But surely FFP is assessed later. They can simply sell a player to balance the books. Plus, given the long contracts on old and new (limited to 5 years) signings, I'm sure they're OK.
Not sure if this report is true, its from Liverpool end, but if so, would look like Caicedo deal is maxing out whatever available they have and thus why they are farting about and other shenanigans.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not sure if this report is true, its from Liverpool end, but if so, would look like Caicedo deal is maxing out whatever available they have and thus why they are farting about and other shenanigans.

Thanks. Don't get me wrong I'd love every misfortune to befall Chelsea.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Yeah I agree Tony won't be low-balled, but we could be left with the option of having a perfectly acceptable offer being torpedoed, by under-hand dealings.

This could leave us with a very pissed-off player on our hands, with a falling market value. ( a season in the reserves or going on strike won't enhance his value)
This is my real concern and critically we wont have that massive input of cash to quickly boost our squad particularly in the defensive midfielder position

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This is my real concern and critically we wont have that massive input of cash to quickly boost our squad particularly in the defensive midfielder position
He wasn't pissed off in January and he wasn't 2 weeks ago when the club said that they had no issues with Caicedo's attitude. I know RDZ says he has forgotten him but that is only because he thinks he is gone. If it turns out Caicedo stays (which I doubt), I am sure he will play to the best of his abilities like he did in January and we no longer have a defensive midfielder hole to fill.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
"You know Todd, you said no to 40m for Colwill..... wanna reconsider.? Just 75m left to pay, you stay inside FFP and we could do that on more favourable terms!"

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
But surely FFP is assessed later. They can simply sell a player to balance the books. Plus, given the long contracts on old and new (limited to 5 years) signings, I'm sure they're OK.
Yeh. I personally don't think Chelsea care less about FFP. However, I think Boehly is bidding for players with money he doesn't actually have.

I reckon they are having to borrow money to buy players. And borrowing is expensive.

Tony will quite rightly say, match Liverpool's payment terms, or f*** off

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yeh. I personally don't think Chelsea care less about FFP. However, I think Boehly is bidding for players with money he doesn't actually have.

I reckon they are having to borrow money to buy players. And borrowing is expensive.

Tony will quite rightly say, match Liverpool's payment terms, or f*** off
Yes Tony is calling his bluff.

Chelsea will suffer the consequences hopefully.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

This is the info that their report is using:

A relatively simple explanation because many have asked: Chelsea need something like £450m profit (could even be more) from 22/23 and 23/24 player trading to balance the allowable trading loss over the last 3 years (conservatively). I reckon they did around £100m player trading profit in 22/23 with around another £75m so far from Mount, Pulisic, PEA, Livermento sell on profit and Ampadu. Amortisation rises when you buy and does not fall if you sell a youth player for a pure profit. So Caciedo, Lavia and Olise will add not only, say, £35m of amortisation in 23/24 but also, say, £25m of wages. That’s more than the likely trading profit of selling Gallagher and Hudson Odoi although assume maybe £12.5m wage saving. But they needed that for the existing deficit before Caciedo etc. This leaves Chalabah and Broja as profit opportunities. Most of the rest are at best neutral in terms of profits - Ziyech could lose quite a lot, Kepa neutral, Cucurella has a book value so high he can’t be sold for profit, Sterling the same. So they are many £10s of millions short of break even under PL P&S in 23/24 even if they managed to just about comply in 22/23 (which I’m skeptical about too).

This goes over my head. Maybe a DULLARD needs to get involved.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s assessed over a rolling period of three years isn’t it? Last year’s losses must have been horrendous and apparently lost £121.3 mill the season before that (if I’ve checked it correctly). They’re no longer stacked with sellable players either. The clear out’s happened. They must at least be worried.

As for contract is it the contract or amortisation that’s limited to five years as Fab is suggesting a seven or eight year contract. How is that legal (or, indeed, agreeing it in May)?

I’m no expert though. Paging @El Presidente to give me a schooling.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This is the info that their report is using:

A relatively simple explanation because many have asked: Chelsea need something like £450m profit (could even be more) from 22/23 and 23/24 player trading to balance the allowable trading loss over the last 3 years (conservatively). I reckon they did around £100m player trading profit in 22/23 with around another £75m so far from Mount, Pulisic, PEA, Livermento sell on profit and Ampadu. Amortisation rises when you buy and does not fall if you sell a youth player for a pure profit. So Caciedo, Lavia and Olise will add not only, say, £35m of amortisation in 23/24 but also, say, £25m of wages. That’s more than the likely trading profit of selling Gallagher and Hudson Odoi although assume maybe £12.5m wage saving. But they needed that for the existing deficit before Caciedo etc. This leaves Chalabah and Broja as profit opportunities. Most of the rest are at best neutral in terms of profits - Ziyech could lose quite a lot, Kepa neutral, Cucurella has a book value so high he can’t be sold for profit, Sterling the same. So they are many £10s of millions short of break even under PL P&S in 23/24 even if they managed to just about comply in 22/23 (which I’m skeptical about too).

This goes over my head. Maybe a DULLARD needs to get involved.
@El Presidente is possibly the man for whom this witchcraft makes sense.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
"You know Todd, you said no to 40m for Colwill..... wanna reconsider.? Just 75m left to pay, you stay inside FFP and we could do that on more favourable terms!"
But since Chelsea got so excited about getting Colwill on board, they put his wages out of our reach on a new contract. We'll never get him back now and they can't p/x him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He hasn’t done the deal with Liverpool - we have.

I don't think it works like that. You think a club would be ok paying an extra £20m because they couldn't be bothered to phone the selling club?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It’s assessed over a rolling period of three years isn’t it? Last year’s losses must have been horrendous and apparently lost £121.3 mill the season before that (if I’ve checked it correctly). They’re no longer stacked with sellable players either. The clear out’s happened. They must at least be worried.

As for contract is it the contract or amortisation that’s limited to five years as Fab is suggesting a seven or eight year contract. How is that legal (or, indeed, agreeing it in May)?

I’m no expert though. Paging @El Presidente to give me a schooling.
Surely in respect of the contract, it is possible we gave him permission to talk?

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Why have Liverpool not pulled out?
Why are trolls on twitter saying we've accepted a bid from Chelsea yet the club have said nothing?
What's going on here?
Maybe he's gonna choose whoever wins today.
Being a Sunday we may have to wait until the midnight hour to find out... MC did say GOD will decide his fate and its a well known fact that the superior one is very busy watching over the flock! 😇🙏

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here