Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Indeed.

Set an immediate deadline. Do not accept under the agreed Liverpool Market value. No deal this window if the deadline passes. He can then put in the effort or rot out of the squad for 4 years.
My sentiments exactly but I am not the one who will be binning over 100 million and having a potentially bad apple hanging around for four years whilst paying him what I assume are eye watering wages.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
After a nice interview with Rob Edwards, Sky Sports News just cut to a reporter at the Amex to preview our season. Didn't mention a single player who will play for us this year, just Chelsea, Liverpool and the tug of war over their new shiny toy.

Had enough now. It's no wonder Man U didn't want to deal with this fugazi. Massive kudos to whoever at our end got a deal done in Ecuador. Thanks for your service Moises. Thanks for making us a fortune. Now, we have other business at hand. The Scots have a perfect phrase for you and your money grubbing agent: 'Get tae f**k'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Chelsea don't match Liverpool's bid, he can stay or go to Liverpool - it's his choice. And he can't stay and complain that we've held him back, because we haven't - we've accepted a bid, to the biggest club, who are in Europe. I imagine that's been communicated to him, so if he wants to go to Liverpool, no problem, and if he wants to stay and play for us, great.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Chelsea have obviously been struggling to legitimately raise the required fee due to ffp for weeks hence the lack of agreement, Liverpool sneak in but haven't spent months tapping moises up unlike Chelsea and both chelseas wages and his agents fee which are huge easily beats Liverpools, so on it goes, don't care too much who he ends up with although Liverpool with Alexis looks perfect if it was me, the main shit about all this is the fact we are being held up securing replacements and that's not on, if I was Tony I would say you've got til today to sort it else ALL deals off and he stays! People booing caceido? Grow up!
Good post! I suppose the creeping increase in bidding coming from Chelsea over the past few weeks is in part due to this issue

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Exactly. It might be that they've got a support network down here. People are framing this as some sort of good vs evil thing (benign fluffy Liverpool vs evil new money Chelsea) because they hate Chelsea. There's clearly more factors at play.

Didn't Moises at in an interview that he was crying at night time in Belgium because he was lonely? Or words to that effect. I wonder how much that experience has affected him.

As @Guinness Boy said, he's a young kid from a poor part of South America, it's too simplistic to just set he's an adult and knows what he's doing. I'll bet any money that his education finished very early. Probably the rest of his family as well, they won't have any choice but to be guided by other people, these dodgy agents are probably just the end of a long line of dodgy agents.
He's managed to move halfway across the world. Moving 6 hours up the road shouldn't be too much of a hardship, and that's driving. He'll have the money to travel first class anywhere, any time he wants, and move his entire support network with him if that's what he needs.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
When Mourinho was Chelsea manager he brought a rule in that all players had to live within a couple of miles of Cobham training ground. No excuse for being late for training and away from the bright lights of SW3. Not sure if rule still applies.

Did wonders for house prices in Cobham though !
And when Mourinho managed Man U where did he live and travel back to immediately after games? London, although he did ‘“live” in a hotel in Manchester. I think his wife refused to move north Of Watford

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Chelsea don't match Liverpool's bid, he can stay or go to Liverpool - it's his choice. And he can't stay and complain that we've held him back, because we haven't - we've accepted a bid, to the biggest club, who are in Europe. I imagine that's been communicated to him, so if he wants to go to Liverpool, no problem, and if he wants to stay and play for us, great.
If only things were that simple

GAZTASTIC

Sep 17, 2010
HOVE - JUST
He's managed to move halfway across the world. Moving 6 hours up the road shouldn't be too much of a hardship, and that's driving. He'll have the money to travel first class anywhere, any time he wants, and move his entire support network with him if that's what he needs.

I don’t know any more than anyone else on here but I do wonder if there is a girl behind all this? If he has met someone and she doesn’t want to move to Liverpool that would explain a lot for me. Love can be a powerful thing when the hormones are raging I seem to remember.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So what happens when Caicedo and his reps insist they won't go to Liverpool? We don't want him back. What happens then?

Then he's under contract to us. I suspect that a couple of weeks back surrounded by Dunk, Lallana, Gross, RDZ etc and he'll be back to his best, exactly the same as January. (Not that I think that will happen). As this whole malarkey shows, he is very easily influenced by those around him, if ever proof was needed :smile:

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
Certainly is a WAG in tow.

"Moises Caicedo has always tried to keep his love life private ..." and "... the couple regularly shares their loved-up pictures on their social media accounts."

So not very private then!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Exactly! I'm not getting misty eyed for his ' sad and lonely" predicament any time soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here