Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Hello all, just signed up here and as a Liverpool fan it's refreshing to see a mutual disdain for Chelsea. The enemy of my enemy and all that...

I can't stand the way they operate, the way I see it is Liverpool have had a bid accepted and the terms deal agreed and are free to contact and negotiate with the player. It seems like Chelsea have had agreements and deals in place with the player/agent for a while. With no deal between Chelsea and yourselves, surely this is a blatant case of tapping up a player?

I really hope any talk of Liverpool considering walking away isn't true. If we walk, Chelsea won't have to beat our offer and we both stand to lose out. Even if it's not meant to be, I hope we make Chelsea's life as hard as possible to get this one over the line.
Chelsea have been trying to manipulate this signing all window, with underhand tactics. The Twitter twats Fab and Ben Jacobs have been in Chelsea's pockets trying to drive the agenda.
Brighton and Liverpool are decent clubs trying to do business the right way.
Look at the previous pages of this thread and you'll see where we want Moises to end up. Not sure it will happen though, unfortunately.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
'All the while Liverpools bid is on the table.' For me he doesn't have much choice. Unless principles today are gone, dead indeed.
Liverpool’s bid is worthless without the player’s agreement to go there but they can happily leave it on the table until the end of the transfer window. By this rationale, we’d then be unable to sell Caicedo to anyone even though his position at Brighton is no longer tenable. Doesn’t seem a great option.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Auctions have winners. Liverpools bid was accepted. There is the caveat, winners! Tony would look very dishonourable selling him to Chelsea all the while Liverpools bid is on the table.
It would be bad to now reject Liverpool's bid having accepted it. But if they can't work out a contract that Moises wants to sign, there's not much anybody can do?

Should we just sit on our hands until the window closes?

If Chelsea put in a bid for at least as much, having given enough time for Liverpool to try to come to an agreement with the player, I think we are okay to accept it. Nothing "dishonorable" there. Alls fair in love and player contract negotiations.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It would be bad to now reject Liverpool's bid having accepted it. But if they can't work out a contract that Moises wants to sign, there's not much anybody can do?

Should we just sit on our hands until the window closes?

If Chelsea put in a bid for at least as much, having given enough time for Liverpool to try to come to an agreement with the player, I think we are okay to accept it. Nothing "dishonorable" there. Alls fair in love and player contract negotiations.
No, an agreement that Liverpool pull their bid and Chelsea matches the financial commitment/payment structure. (Perhaps a cheeky tax on top!) but you are right. Football is a dog eat dog world! In some ways all that is wrong with Football as a whole, saying that as a devotee to the game.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Hello all, just signed up here and as a Liverpool fan it's refreshing to see a mutual disdain for Chelsea. The enemy of my enemy and all that...

I can't stand the way they operate, the way I see it is Liverpool have had a bid accepted and the terms deal agreed and are free to contact and negotiate with the player. It seems like Chelsea have had agreements and deals in place with the player/agent for a while. With no deal between Chelsea and yourselves, surely this is a blatant case of tapping up a player?

I really hope any talk of Liverpool considering walking away isn't true. If we walk, Chelsea won't have to beat our offer and we both stand to lose out. Even if it's not meant to be, I hope we make Chelsea's life as hard as possible to get this one over the line.
I can't for the life of me understand why Moises would want to join that clown show at Chelsea versus Liverpool. But there you have it.

Good luck for the season, except when you play us. Take care of Alexis.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

Even if Liverpool walk away we won’t be selling to Chelsea for less than what you bid. Tony Bloom won’t be played like that by Chelsea and Caicedo’s representatives.

If reports breaking tonight are true then Chelsea actually have to pay more than you bid to get the deal done. Meaning this whole process has massively back fired on them and their low balling as cost them around £15 million.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You will find that despite you lot being a ‘big 6’ club, you’re easily the most liked on here. There’s something about scousers that’s endearing and LFC always strikes me and others as a proper club. Also, many stories on here about when we’ve drawn with you at Anfield etc and nothing but well-wishes from locals. I also think if we were losing Ali Mac and Moises most would say LFC is the best place. They won’t get as much game time at Chelsea - it’s a basket case of a club. The Albion is ran 100x better than them. Respect 👍
Spot on. Liverpool easily the most likeable big 6 club. Arsenal a poor and distant second for me.

Chelsea of course aren't a big club at all. They're just plastic scummy tossers who were getting 8,000 when the Premier league started out. The trophies bought by a Russian oligarch don't change that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You will find that despite you lot being a ‘big 6’ club, you’re easily the most liked on here. There’s something about scousers that’s endearing and LFC always strikes me and others as a proper club. Also, many stories on here about when we’ve drawn with you at Anfield etc and nothing but well-wishes from locals. I also think if we were losing Ali Mac and Moises most would say LFC is the best place. They won’t get as much game time at Chelsea - it’s a basket case of a club. The Albion is ran 100x better than them. Respect 👍
Well, firstly a Liverpool fan from Liverpool is a 'proper' fan so that counts well.

I have no issue with 'real' fans of any of those clubs. Mancs who support Manc teams, Geordies etc. I just have beef with people who support teams for no other reason than they are successful.

I dislike Chelsea more than I dislike Palace. Whatever our little pantomime rivalry entails, supporters of Palace and Albion are real fans with a strong connection to their clubs. That's probably what makes the rivalry fun. I want to beat Palace, not because I don't like them, but just because they are the faux enemy. Beating a 'big six club' away from home is far more fun. Palace fans will tend to go naval gazing, but the plastics of Chelsea et al go into a beautiful entitled meltdown.

Redrum

Aug 11, 2023

Thanks for the kind words. I think me and my fellow Liverpool supporters think highly of Brighton as well, and admire how you guys have been operating and how strong of a side you've become. Some of the players you've produced in recent years have been as good as any. You're obviously a very well run club, and I wish you nothing but the best, unless we face you in a final ;)

I think we got a steal in the MacAllister deal due to the release clause, so wouldn't mind paying the feed quoted for Caicedo as the two would even out and be somewhere around where they should be. I don't hold you responsible for the stalling in the deal either, but if last night was supposed to be the end of the 'auction' then I'm not entirely sure why Chelsea are being allowed to come back in. I can see how it's in your best interests though and Caicedo and his circus of agents around him aren't helping things move smoothly. It will be interesting to see how this one unfolds.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thanks for the kind words. I think me and my fellow Liverpool supporters think highly of Brighton as well, and admire how you guys have been operating and how strong of a side you've become. Some of the players you've produced in recent years have been as good as any. You're obviously a very well run club, and I wish you nothing but the best, unless we face you in a final ;)

I think we got a steal in the MacAllister deal due to the release clause, so wouldn't mind paying the feed quoted for Caicedo as the two would even out and be somewhere around where they should be. I don't hold you responsible for the stalling in the deal either, but if last night was supposed to be the end of the 'auction' then I'm not entirely sure why Chelsea are being allowed to come back in. I can see how it's in your best interests though and Caicedo and his circus of agents around him aren't helping things move smoothly. It will be interesting to see how this one unfolds.
Needs must if the player is stalling. That said, is there any real evidence that there was a time bound auction ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
..., but if last night was supposed to be the end of the 'auction' then I'm not entirely sure why Chelsea are being allowed to come back in. ...
It is entirely up to you to get a deal agreed with Caicedo. Sounds like that isn't going to happen. That's on you, not us. :shrug:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I don't hold you responsible for the stalling in the deal either, but if last night was supposed to be the end of the 'auction' then I'm not entirely sure why Chelsea are being allowed to come back in. I can see how it's in your best interests though and Caicedo and his circus of agents around him aren't helping things move smoothly. It will be interesting to see how this one unfolds.
Yep, Brighton did agree upon the £111m offer for Caicedo but he, or more likely his agents, have declined because of their self-interest in Chelsea.
This wasn't "part of the plan", but we as supporters have had an increasingly discontent with Caicedo's actions, and many would feel that a transfer should be reasonable if the fee and personal terms can be agreed upon with said club - preferably for us, Liverpool, but it will probably be Chelsea now.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We can’t send him to Liverpool if he doesn’t want to go there.
That’s not true, I was speaking to a guy at work who was on a stag do and they put the stag on a train to Glasgow when he was drunk.

Redrum

Aug 11, 2023
It is entirely up to you to get a deal agreed with Caicedo. Sounds like that isn't going to happen. That's on you, not us. :shrug:

But the reason we haven't agreed a deal with Caicedo is because he prefers Chelsea and he's waiting to see if a bid from Chelsea comes in.

If it was as reported, an 'auction' style bid off, which was concluded last night, then are are no more bids or offers to come.

It's a catch 22. He's waiting for another offer which shouldn't be allowed to be made. If it was explained that it's Liverpool or nowhere, maybe we'd be able to get the deal over the line or at least have a yes or no outcome so we could all move on instead of the stalling.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
That’s not true, I was speaking to a guy at work who was on a stag do and they put the stag on a train to Glasgow when he was drunk.
So what you are saying is we get Moises drunk, shove him on a train to Liverpool and when he wakes up he finds out he’s signed the deal with no recollection of the event?

Sounds like the plot to the next Hangover movie.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

The 'auction' was done. We wouldn't have let Chelsea back in if Caicedo had stuck to his original decision. But if we freeze out Chelsea, and Caicedo doesnt want to go to Liverpool, then no deal is possible. Just playing the cards we've been dealt. Could we have then said to him ''its liverpool or nowhere''? Maybe. But the nowhere option leaves us with a stroppy player who no doubt spends the rest of the transfer window pushing for the Chelsea move anyway. Also, im sure the 'auction' situation came with an obviously implied ''if you can persuade the player to join you''.

From what we know Caicedo has some very greedy self interested agents, and he is being push towards the deal that gets them the biggest slice of the cash. So all this back and forth is out of our hands.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here