Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Chelsea will double his wages at least.
I wonder about that, isn’t their ‘model’ based on much lower wages than previously given? I’m sure I read that somewhere, I’m also pretty sure they’ll pay more than us, might not be as extreme as double though,

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Moises didn't train yesterday and is not happy with Brighton's 'stance' according to radio 5 news ten minutes ago.

Did he say 'stance' though?
Problem here is all the media appear to be taking the narrative that we are the bad guys in this, we're not, it's Chelsea holding the whole thing up. Pay the money you get the player.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I wonder about that, isn’t their ‘model’ based on much lower wages than previously given? I’m sure I read that somewhere, I’m also pretty sure they’ll pay more than us, might not be as extreme as double though,
With no real knowledge my guess is we are paying Caicedo less than £100k a week and Chelsea will pay him up to £200k a week. I think the wages they wanted to avoid are the £300k+ wages.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Very few talented footballers honour their contracts when a big offer comes in. Large long contracts means getting a better price when selling.
Unless the club who hold the newly signed 5-year contract do not want the player to leave. This has also happened throughout the history of football; most recently with er, an Ecuadorean player - what’s his name? Arsenal tried to get him. f*** me. Plays for that shitty league one club on the South Coast😂

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
That's all lovely

But if a rival company to the one you worked for offered to double your salary would you honestly turn them down because the company you currently work for is run better ?!
Yes, I would, but I'm probably a freak because I've never been driven by money or getting rich, but by doing a job I enjoy (although constant political interference and over-management are making it less enjoyable with every passing year) with good colleagues, and a happy life outside of work. In fact, I've been head-hunted twice, but turned them down because I did not want to uproot to a different part of the country where I did not know anyone, and in the new company, would be viewed as 'the new boy'.

Also, if the company you currently work for is better run, but pays less, I would take a broader view; your job is more likely to be more secure than working for a badly-run company which is more likely to find itself in financial difficulties and thus face insolvency or make staff redundant to balance the books.

Personally, I prefer stability and (relative) security, and being financially comfortable (than getting rich), and if that makes me boring or unadventurous, fair enough. I'm happy with my lot, and count my blessings.

I actually find a lot of rich footballers quite sad - they've got their £ millions, and 10 x flashy cars parked in the drive way, expensive mock-tudor house with security gates in Alderley Edge or Cobham, gold-digging women and vacuous surgically-enhanced glamour models drooling and draped over them in a nightclub (only after their money, or to sell a salacious story to the News of the World), and constantly being badgered for autographs and selfies by total strangers when they go to Nandos, or even to buy a pint of milk. I'm sure most of them are absolutely thrilled, and think all their Christmases have come at once, but it's all at the cost of no longer living a normal life with real people in the real world; it's all so false and superficial, and you live in a gilded cage surrounded by people who probably only like you for your money, and what they can screw out of you.

Good luck to them, but that lifestyle would not be one I'd enjoy.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We've taken on 3 Gen Z graduates over the last 12-18 months. They're all bright and well qualified academically, but f*** me, the level of entitlement from them is off the scale! I've never had staff that have taken more man management than these 3.

Anyway, carry on. I wonder what unsubstantiated Caicedo rumours will be doing the rounds today?
It's infuriating. I've been told we need to add in an extra level in between 'Consultant' and 'Senior Consultant' in my recruitment company, because someone coming in young and fresh getting promoted 3 times in 2 years isn't enough apparently. They need 'more to aim at' or they'll get de-motivated. It's f***ing insane. I honestly don't know how these people are going to survive in the real world.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I’m wondering if this whole Caicedo saga will turn into Arsenal Part 2 drama, as in “he’s not for sale” rinse and repeat. Moises doth protest. Moises told to wobble his head, stay away, come back with brain in gear at the end of the transfer window. Moises then will be sat down and given a good talking to about his responsibilities and his value to the club. Moises will be advised to bin off his agent (maybe). Moises will come on as a sub on 2nd of September against Newcastle and play a blinder. All is well until January 2024 - then a case of here we go again.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Is it? I remember watching us play there in the second division in front of 10k.
Yes, but Caicedo doesn't, does he? He had just learnt to walk when Chelsea started winning the Premier League.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Unless the club who hold the newly signed 5-year contract do not want the player to leave. This has also happened throughout the history of football; most recently with er, an Ecuadorean player - what’s his name? Arsenal tried to get him. f*** me. Plays for that shitty league one club on the South Coast😂
Also, see Harry Kane.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The words that do the heavy lifting in this post are the first four. Can moderators impose a rule that all posting on this thread use them?
Nobody can post anything then because unless you’re Tony Bloom or one of the clubs top hierarchy nobody knows anything for certain.

At the moment most of us are working off journalist rumours and the fact he wasn’t in our squad on Sunday, doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out he’s probably getting more and more desperate for the move, he’s probably been hoping Chelsea would just stump up the money and as it looks less likely he/his agents have got more and more desperate.

It’s all very similar to the January fiasco isn’t it, I can’t blame Moises for wanting the best for himself but the lad is 21 years old, if he stays here another season and performs to the level he did last year, he will be in demand even more so, potentially by bigger more stable teams.

There’s no point pretending Chelsea isn’t a better career move than us because it’s obviously is but I do think that move is fraught with danger for any player, as Cucurella showed, he was one of the best players I’ve seen in the stripes and then goes to Chelsea has a few bad games and the toxic fan base never allowed him to recover. Chelsea are rebuilding and whilst they pay more and are a significantly bigger club than us, that doesn’t always mean it’s the best career option.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I mean, I know it's always the agents fault but I'm starting to wonder if Moises breaches our "no d!ckhead" policy. Whether we like it or not, the agents are acting on his instruction

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Very few talented footballers honour their contracts when a big offer comes in. Large long contracts means getting a better price when selling.
I was of course referring to an employment situation outside of football. The only loyal people in football are the fans. You are right though - it’s all about money, and please spare me “this is the club I’ve always wanted to play for since I was a boy” crap. The odour of greed eh?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I’m wondering if this whole Caicedo saga will turn into Arsenal Part 2 drama, as in “he’s not for sale” rinse and repeat. Moises doth protest. Moises told to wobble his head, stay away, come back with brain in gear at the end of the transfer window. Moises then will be sat down and given a good talking to about his responsibilities and his value to the club. Moises will be advised to bin off his agent (maybe). Moises will come on as a sub on 2nd of September against Newcastle and play a blinder. All is well until January 2024 - then a case of here we go again.
I'd settle for this right now!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's infuriating. I've been told we need to add in an extra level in between 'Consultant' and 'Senior Consultant' in my recruitment company, because someone coming in young and fresh getting promoted 3 times in 2 years isn't enough apparently. They need 'more to aim at' or they'll get de-motivated. It's f***ing insane. I honestly don't know how these people are going to survive in the real world.
Is it the title that they want, which is easy to implement, or is it all about the money? For my three, it's the cash, with a sprinkling of believing that they know better than senior management after a whole 12 months of real-world experience.

I've already suggested to one of them that she send her CV out to competitors if she wants to earn more, which appears to have worked based on the fact that her productivity has had a step change over the last 8 weeks as if she's realised that she needs to justify her salary requests - check out my management skillz. The other two are seriously in danger of being let go before they've done 2 years, with us cutting our losses on their recruitment and training.

Apologies for going off-topic, but it really is nice to vent on a broadly anonymous forum.

Last edited:

Nope. I cheer goals rather than clap. I was around in the days when there was real atmosphere at football matches. Before that was replaced by people like you and your plastic Chelsea equivalents turning up having inane ‘my club is bigger than your club’ fake arguments and admiring the pretty colours in your sparklers.
Right…..what a weird response. Was only jossing, but if you wanna go down that road then fine…You do realise that I am a BHA fan, season ticket since 2008, not some JCL or Chelsea plastic, I’m only 30yo, so do the maths and I started going when most young lads do, no matter what the years. No need to start telling me you are some better fan. Thought you were better than that.

Anyway, f*** off Caicedo, don’t want players like you at my club. Not what we are about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here