Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he stays with us and has a good season in Europe, Moises will get a better deal in a year's time, even if we get a slightly lower fee for him (which may turn out to be the case).
Worth it, to have hm with us for our first European jaunt. Unless the lad's got the shttiest of shitty advisors, there's no need for him to have a sulk. He could still be rich beyond the dreams of avarice before he's 25 - lucky young bugger!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In what way ?
Massive respect for Tony and I wouldn't want to have to negotiate with him, but Chelsea are playing the "oh, we'll look elsewhere card", problem is their fans want Moses. This will go to the wire and we'll get £100m, I'd rather we didn't and kept the lad.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Massive respect for Tony and I wouldn't want to have to negotiate with him, but Chelsea are playing the "oh, we'll look elsewhere card", problem is their fans want Moses. This will go to the wire and we'll get £100m, I'd rather we didn't and kept the lad.
Well, if Chelsea fans just want an old bloke with a beard can’t we sell them one of the hipsters from Brighton seafront ?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Well, if Chelsea fans just want an old bloke with a beard can’t we sell them one of the hipsters from Brighton seafront ?
I'm not (very) old but I do have a beard and, if it helps us keep Caicedo, I'm willing to be sold to Chelsea and paid a small fortune in wages.

For the good of the team, mind.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seems Todd is more interested in getting Mbappe, whilst Poch is against the idea.
What a shower they are.
An opportunity to get the headlines by spending a shit load of money?

It's basically Boehly's job description.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The big problem now is the timeframe. If we sell him we need to get a DM in. And a good one. We simply cannot start the season without someone who contributes that amount of tackles, interceptions, retrievals. And we WILL be held to ransom by any selling club. That's why I can't see it happening now. The only way it will is if in the next few days we sign an obvious Caicedo replacement (before selling Moises). I just can't see it happening. Chelsea had their chance WEEKS ago.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The big problem now is the timeframe. If we sell him we need to get a DM in. And a good one. We simply cannot start the season without someone who contributes that amount of tackles, interceptions, retrievals. And we WILL be held to ransom by any selling club. That's why I can't see it happening now. The only way it will is if in the next few days we sign an obvious Caicedo replacement (before selling Moises). I just can't see it happening. Chelsea had their chance WEEKS ago.
Indeed. I guess there is a chance we already have our eye on someone to replace him, but if not then even if the transfer window slams shut in a month, Uncle Tony's transfer window probably slams shut in 2 weeks max.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Totally agree. Time will be become a factor with this transaction. Only our recruitment team know if there is any cut off but from the outside a deadline day deal does not appear to be in the interests of the Albion. If it were down to me I'd say to Chelsea, you've got one more shot make it a good one or we are out of here!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After tying down Colwill, it’s shit or bust for Chelsea, pay the full asking price within a time frame or leave the saloon.

I hope TB’s mindset is now “f*** Chelsea”

A sale at full asking price and a season long loan for Colwill being the likely outcome now imo…. maybe

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I can't understand Chelsea's strategy. Surely you work out your style of play and the type of players you need to deliver that. You agree a wage structure and the personality you want the players to have a build a team around that, without suddenly lumping in a "name" which screws the whole plan

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I can't understand Chelsea's strategy. Surely you work out your style of play and the type of players you need to deliver that. You agree a wage structure and the personality you want the players to have a build a team around that, without suddenly lumping in a "name" which screws the whole plan
For small clubs like us yes.

Mbappe would be a great signing for anyone. He has his head screwed on and is not a trouble maker. Oh, and he's the best player in the world !!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
They don't have a strategy, which is okay for as long as they have unlimited money cheat codes to pay there way out of it.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Seeing the hug Bloom gave him after he came off stage after his second award didn’t scream player desperate to escape.
Mmmm not so sure, his ‘everything I do, I do for my family‘ line, and the almost embarrassed look on his face, pretty much spoke volumes.

Ideally they won’t meet the £100 million price tag before the Luton game, and RDZ can rightly sit down with him and his agent and state no one’s come up with the money so stay with a club that actually wants you to play for them. 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here