Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If they sign Alvarez and Vlahovic they're top four contenders sadly.
They are top four contenders anyway. Anyone with that money and Poch as the coach should be. And they will be fresher with no European football.

The issues they'll have, though, are that there are now WAY more top four contenders than just five or six teams. You'd have to say City, United, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal would realistically want to finish there. If us or Villa have another good season we'll be taking points off and being in and around those sides. And there'll be one break out - next season's Brentford or Sheffield Utd (in their first season before Covid). Chelsea could finish anywhere between first and tenth realistically - and if they start badly that crowd's going to get on their backs and Todd 'long term' Boehley is going to get twitchy.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
They are top four contenders anyway. Anyone with that money and Poch as the coach should be. And they will be fresher with no European football.

The issues they'll have, though, are that there are now WAY more top four contenders than just five or six teams. You'd have to say City, United, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal would realistically want to finish there. If us or Villa have another good season we'll be taking points off and being in and around those sides. And there'll be one break out - next season's Brentford or Sheffield Utd (in their first season before Covid). Chelsea could finish anywhere between first and tenth realistically - and if they start badly that crowd's going to get on their backs and Todd 'long term' Boehley is going to get twitchy.
I can’t see anyone but City winning it. But agree it will be Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and United in any order thereafter. Then Newcastle in 6th. Rest of the table is very open bar Luton who I suspect will struggle badly (after the first day of course! - here’s to hoping I’m 100% wrong).

I suspect a lot for us hinges in keeping Caicedo. Or at least, replacing him with someone who can do his job from the off which seems unlikely. He stays, top half for us I would hope.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Which is why every season there will be the incessant 'who's going to miss out on Top four' drama, orchestrated by the likes of Sky and the national media and typically starting around September, when one of the BIG clubs have had an indifferent start to the season, only to turn it around by Easter (see MUFC and LFC last season).

Then you get the likes of #TeamsLikeBrighton who manage to break into the top six and get a load of plaudits, when really all the 'experts' are doing are waiting for us to drop back down and then patronise us with a 'Didn't they do well in the 22/23 season?' schtick.

Twats.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

No European football is THE key. They won a title in exactly those circumstances.

Whilst 8 others clubs have huge amounts of travelling, likely some stress injuries, fatigue.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can’t see anyone but City winning it. But agree it will be Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and United in any order thereafter. Then Newcastle in 6th. Rest of the table is very open bar Luton who I suspect will struggle badly (after the first day of course! - here’s to hoping I’m 100% wrong).

I suspect a lot for us hinges in keeping Caicedo. Or at least, replacing him with someone who can do his job from the off which seems unlikely. He stays, top half for us I would hope.

Arsenal, Manure and the Chavs have been seriously spending, yet again. Must be a vast investment over the last 14 months compared to Spurs and Liverpool.

This can all change with the next 4 weeks transfers.

I reckon of the big 7:
Arsenal
Abu Dhabi
The Chavs (a week’s prep/rest between games)
Manure
Newcastle
Spurs if they keep Kane (a week’s prep/rest between games)
Liverpool

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I think it was either Tony Bloom or Paul Barber said that we would not sell a player especially for big money if we needed to then go a find a replacement as it would be difficult and expensive as it would be known we have a big wedge and where desperate.

If you look at who has left and who has come in that seems to have always been the case, whether we knew it at the time or not.

RDZ has already said to TB there would be a big Moises shaped hole in the squad if he leaves.

So I think that unless we have a DMF waiting in the wings, Moises is not going anywhere.

That is my guess anyway,
We sold Cucurella before signing Estupinan didn’t we? But if I remember correctly Estupinan had a release clause that we met, so it made it a little different to what you describe.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
there does seem to be a lot of talk on Chelsea groups about Sanchez being used to lower the Moises price. not sure I've quite made sense of the logic yet
I have seen that, cant work it out. The closest i got was that chelsea only pay £120m for both. Yes Caicedo £100m and Sanchez £20m = £120m. Apparently yes it dies but maje Caicedo cheaper. Gave upin the end

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
We sold Cucurella before signing Estupinan didn’t we? But if I remember correctly Estupinan had a release clause that we met, so it made it a little different to what you describe.
Yes I like to think we identified him as the replacement before it was finally agree with Cucurella

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here