Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We could have another 8 weeks of this.

Not good.

Whilst I agree with your outcome prediction, there is the possibility that in 8 weeks time, Chelsea just pay us the £100m. A lot is riding on Colwill’s return from England duty. I suspect, like Mount, he has had enough of Chelsea. But they hold the cards. He may well sign an extension with them on the proviso that he comes back to us for a season.
They don’t hold all the cards….they have a good hand of Colwills, but we’ve a Caicedo full house, and Tony playing the hand.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My feeling over Caicedo hasn't changed since May. Either another club (Chelsea) pay what TB is looking for, or he'll stay here. He'll then go next summer instead. My gut feeling is that £80m + £20 addons would do it, but that's a wild stab in the dark. He's a better player than Rice and he's younger (but not English) so I don't think that valuation is unrealistic. What I don't think will happen is that Bloom will haggle down from there and we'll end up with £70m or something. Not happening IMO and is why I think another season here is a realistic possibility.

I don't really care what Naylor, Romano or anyone else tweets in the meantime, as it's never anything substantial. And I don't hold any hard feelings towards Caicedo either, as long as he continues to play as best he can while he's here. To be fair, he did that after January and that impressed me if anything.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Bloom doesn’t get involved in transfer dealings
However it is Blooms football club and he'd want his team to maximise the potential income for an 'asset'. Arsenal have set the bench mark. Chelsea need to pay up or shut up. It is utterly irrelevant how much we paid for Moises so there is no potential for argument there. An analogy; If you paid £5,400 for a house in 1974 you wouldn't sell it for £60,000 today would you. Additionally if Moises gets annoyed at not being sold for £80m then he can sit on the bench until the sulk stops. Brighton set the valuation not Chelsea, not 'tweeters' nor Moises.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
BREAKING NEWS

Chelsea won't pay 100m for Caicedo. In other breaking news Brighton won't pay 100m for Mbappe.

People moan about Romano but Jacob Steinberg is continually hammering this absolute no new developments as news bollocks.
It's funny, every ragged-arsed pundit and Tweeter, the world and his wife apparantly knows what Caicedo thinks and what Caicedo wants - but none seem to have a clue about what Colwill wants. Perhaps he doesn't want to go back to Chelsea. Perhaps he doesn't want to sign a new long term contract, even if it is for more money? He won't have any financial problems staying another season or two at Brighton, on loan or whatever, developing his career, enjoying himself, and paving the way for a really big move to a proper big club (i.e. not Chelsea) when his contract has run down.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Staying for the length of your contract is the last thing we want our top players to do! Football doesn't work like that

I put EXPECT to stay the same as staying for the length of the contract (y)
That is why they have contract negotiations after normally 2-3 years.
Certainly a lot of lesser footballers would Expect to stay for the length of their contract at other lesser clubs it offers them a bit of security.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bloom has been involved a lot more day to day since we got promoted to the PL. I don’t believe he’s in Australia as much any more

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is one thing I like in this article and one that brought a smile to my face.

I like him being told to stay for one more season by an Ecuador team mate. I love the reason why in the last sentence :lolol:

Take that Chelsea!!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There is one thing I like in this article and one that brought a smile to my face.

I like him being told to stay for one more season by an Ecuador team mate. I love the reason why in the last sentence :lolol:

Take that Chelsea!!

I was discussing this yesterday evening one more major season and possibly Real Madrid will be knocking on the door.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe whatever agreements and conditions surrounding the new deal he signed included 'One more season, then we'll play nicely with potential buyers'?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What Chelsea seem to forget is that we don´t need to sell him and it is us who hold out for the price and not them.

The biggest concern is that they wait until the end of the window to agree the fee and we have no time to sign a replacement if we actually need one. (Not certain that we do )

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Does anyone know if add-ons also count for sell-on fees? That is - would it be better if there is a 20% sell-on fee for a player for us to sell for £80m and £20m add-ons, or a straight £100m.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A particular theme I've noticed from the Chelsea social-media warriors is that Caicedo is not worth 80m+ as he's only played in the Premier Leage for a season and a half. Colwill on the other hand is priceless after having played a grand total of 17 Premier League games.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What Chelsea seem to forget is that we don´t need to sell him and it is us who hold out for the price and not them.

The biggest concern is that they wait until the end of the window to agree the fee and we have no time to sign a replacement if we actually need one. (Not certain that we do )
If they wait that long then we just won't sell. Stephens probably would have been sold to Burnley in 2016 if they hadn't pissed about with offering 2m early in the window and then only making the 8m offer at the end of August.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Does anyone know if add-ons also count for sell-on fees? That is - would it be better if there is a 20% sell-on fee for a player for us to sell for £80m and £20m add-ons, or a straight £100m.

The 20% would include anything we get. Even if we managed to get Chelsea to agree to giving us 10% of any future sales, we’d still have to hand 20% of that over too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here