Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He's Gen Z. They don't work like that.
Players have been doing this for years even 'model' pros like lallana and VVD.

As much as it's sad for the purists at the end of the day It's just business. Caicedo's camp is probably doing the thing that will eventually get a few mill off the price , sadly it will probably work.

For me Caicedo is just a kid. He doesn't seem the sharpest tool in the box either so I can't hate him. Just wish another proper club would come in for him rather than Chelsea.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Players have been doing this for years even 'model' pros like lallana and VVD.

As much as it's sad for the purists at the end of the day It's just business. Caicedo's camp is probably doing the thing that will eventually get a few mill off the price , sadly it will probably work.

For me Caicedo is just a kid. He doesn't seem the sharpest tool in the box either so I can't hate him. Just wish another proper club would come in for him rather than Chelsea.

Players have always moved, but player/club discretion was always more of a consideration too.

That doesn't mean they would just stay with the club forever it just meant they left it to the people behind the scenes to flesh it out rather than try and publicly blackmail teams into granting their wishes.

The way his team are handling things impacts us more in the end than the grubby money hungry player.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Dream scenario now is a Saudi club comes in with a £100m+ offer. I reckon he'd go if offered £500k a week or something silly. No strengthening league rivals, no possibility of him playing against us (bar the Club World Cup obv) and we get the fee we want, probably in one go as well.

We then go out and bag Kudus & Koopmeiners or Adams and everyone's happy. Bar Chelsea, obviously.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
The situation is in danger of turning into something of a circus for Albion. The player clearly doesn't want to be at the club, Bloom has allegedly given his word the lad can leave, Chelsea have offered a more than reasonable amount, and yet still the club are dragging this out to a very painful conclusion. This farce is all on the Brighton board. Nobody else to blame.

One thing is for sure, this will alert every single promising young player and their respective agent on how Bloom intends to operate moving forward. In future, Bloom might find he's having significantly more difficultly in enticing wunderkinder to the South Coast, given the choice, in light of how Moises Caicedo has been treated. He's playing poker with Brighton's future for the sake of ~£20m and it's a dangerous game. A very dangerous game indeed.

You do realise that Chelsea is Tony Bloom’s personal cash point.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
In what way is Chelsea more prestigious? They aren’t. They’re just another club that got foreign money and bought success.
If you had a car worth 10K, would you sell it for 7K? Why woul you expect Bloom to do the same?
It’s pretty deluded as a Brighton fan to think that Chelsea aren’t more prestigious. Yes they are just new money to most of us, but Abramovich took over in 2003- Caicedo was 2 years old then.

I think people (Brighton fans) underestimate the draw of playing for one of the big 6 when you are from somewhere like Ecuador. Regardless of league position. If I told you I was signing terms with Talleres Cordoba in Argentina, what would you think? And what would you think if I told you he was signing terms with Boca Juniors? What would you be more impressed by? (Cordoba finished 2nd, Boca 7th).

Chelsea absolutely are more prestigious than Brighton to anyone of the generation playing professional football today. It’s completely deluded to think that they aren’t.
In what way is Chelsea more prestigious? They aren’t. They’re just another club that got foreign money and bought success.
If you had a car worth 10K, would you sell it for 7K? Why woul you expect Bloom to do the same?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Maybe Caicedo's agents could lower their commission so poor Chelsea can make up the shortfall. If Caicedo is so eager he could also chip in to pay up his contract.

Simple really. Deal then gets done.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Chill out. It makes it fun rather than boring natter. Bet you clap goals rather than cheer....
Nope. I cheer goals rather than clap. I was around in the days when there was real atmosphere at football matches. Before that was replaced by people like you and your plastic Chelsea equivalents turning up having inane ‘my club is bigger than your club’ fake arguments and admiring the pretty colours in your sparklers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s pretty deluded as a Brighton fan to think that Chelsea aren’t more prestigious. Yes they are just new money to most of us, but Abramovich took over in 2003- Caicedo was 2 years old then.

I think people (Brighton fans) underestimate the draw of playing for one of the big 6 when you are from somewhere like Ecuador. Regardless of league position. If I told you I was signing terms with Talleres Cordoba in Argentina, what would you think? And what would you think if I told you he was signing terms with Boca Juniors? What would you be more impressed by? (Cordoba finished 2nd, Boca 7th).

Chelsea absolutely are more prestigious than Brighton to anyone of the generation playing professional football today. It’s completely deluded to think that they aren’t.
Genuinely, I wouldn’t be impressed by either. I don’t take much notice of teams from other countries.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Is it? I remember watching us play there in the second division in front of 10k.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Is it? I remember watching us play there in the second division in front of 10k.
That was a long time ago and well before today’s footballers were born. We can all remember watching Brighton play in an athletics stadium in front of 5,000 in division four far more recently.

Chelsea won the European cup two years ago - even before you talk about the massively higher salaries they can pay, they are a much bigger and more attractive proposition to 99% of today’s foreign footballers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When most of their fans seemed to be racist thugs in a run down stadium whereas now they are bolstered by the Jeremy Vines latching on and reducing the racist thug element, as they basked in large sums of dodgy money funding trophies :smile:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
That was a long time ago and well before today’s footballers were born. We can all remember watching Brighton play in an athletics stadium in front of 5,000 in division four far more recently.

Chelsea won the European cup two years ago - even before you talk about the massively higher salaries they can pay, they are a much bigger and more attractive proposition to 99% of today’s foreign footballers.

Crazy convo

Even taking the last 5 years which isn’t too crazy to assume the next 5 would be similar for a Moises length contract . It would mean for him -

4 top 4 finishes
3 fa cup finals
2 league cup finals
Champs league winner
Champs league 1/4
Europa league winner
Avg attendance 40k +

That’s before you start talking profile / bonuses and money .

It’s a massively attractive club . He’s so important to us that It’s easy to convince ourselves it isn’t

What’s he likely to achieve more with us ? A sniff of a trophy possibly but a very real chance a lesser league position . He’s in peak position to maximise his everything . Hard to argue it’s not the right time for him to get out . It’s just hard to swallow for us when it’s that lot again

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Genuinely, I wouldn’t be impressed by either. I don’t take much notice of teams from other countries.
…..because no other leagues have the power, global reach, coverage, draw and money of the PL making it very much the ‘promised land’ for, say, football-obsessed kids living in poor South American countries.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Tony has to hold firm on this really. Otherwise future transfer sagas all go the same way.

Best to bore teams into realising "oh, it's Brighton. Let's just pay the fee on day 1 rather than faff around for months".
You won’t stop teams trying different tactics but it’s definitely being observed and noted. When it comes to transfers, even more so very large ones, they’re not a soft touch. And can negotiate with the best of them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, but even before then they had an illustrious history. Won the FA Cup in early 70s. I think they are more prestigious than us, but seriously who cares?

We can only judge where teams are at now and according to the last season’s league table we are better than Chelsea.

Haven’t said that much on this thread, but I honestly thought Caicedo would have been a good/better fit for Liverpool or City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here