Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Moises could of course have faked the injury.

Agreed it would look silly if he goes tomorrow with that statement. But then we did do that Cucurella, denied all reports of a deal being agreed with a website statement only for him to go 24 hours later
which is the correct way to do it I reckon. No need to give a running commentary on the negotiations.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Even PB knows a slight hamstring injury doesn’t mean you are playing 6 days later.
At least come up with something more plausible

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ben Jacobs still waffling...

Means nothing really - as usual. I doubt the hamstring issue is true (sorry PBOBE) but it’s a good strong message all the same. Likelihood is we’re back where we were in Jan. By removing Moises’ options to go missing without permission, we’re probably just spiking the guns of his advisors. No point telling him to refuse to play if he’s not playing anyway..He’ll either have to make a public transfer request (which we’ll reject unless there’s an acceptable bid) or put out some other ‘angry’ statement - which would look pretty stupid after signing a new contract 6 months ago.

The good news, I think, is that he’ll knuckle down and crack on if that bid never arrives. He seems a good lad. Just young and getting conflicting advice from all sides.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
“Starting the season with us” and “still being here when the transfer window shuts” are, of course, not mutually exclusive

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Means nothing really - as usual. I doubt the hamstring issue is true (sorry PBOBE) but it’s a good strong message all the same. Likelihood is we’re back where we were in Jan. By removing Moises’ options to go missing without permission, we’re probably just spiking the guns of his advisors. No point telling him to refuse to play if he’s not playing anyway..He’ll either have to make a public transfer request (which we’ll reject unless there’s an acceptable bid) or put out some other ‘angry’ statement - which would look pretty stupid after signing a new contract 6 months ago.

The good news, I think, is that he’ll knuckle down and crack on if that bid never arrives. He seems a good lad. Just young and getting conflicting advice from all sides.
This is the truth, by not selecting him he can’t refuse to play which takes the option out of his and his advisers hands.
Advantage BHA
I don’t know why clubs don’t do this more often, so many players decide to down tools to get their own way !

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
The problem as I see it is that we are so used to being lied to that we don’t believe anything anyone says! A respected CEO of a Premier League club makes a statement and they all say Liar, Liar as is he’s Tony Blair. That Johnson character has a lot to answer for.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The problem as I see it is that we are so used to being lied to that we don’t believe anything anyone says! A respected CEO of a Premier League club makes a statement and they all say Liar, Liar as is he’s Tony Blair. That Johnson character has a lot to answer for.
Much as I detest Boris Johnson, I think the tradition of footballers developing minor injuries amid fevered transfer speculation was happening for decades before the tousle-haired sack of shit perfected the art of talking bollocks.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ben Jacobs still waffling...

He goes on to say……

“It might seem like it's dragging on and even getting acrimonious, but the clubs do actually have a good relationship.”

Yes Jacobs you absolute thunderkyunt. Of course it seems acrimonious because two of the most tinpot, amateur and money grabbing agents in world football are representing our boy and you are parroting and tweeting out every single PM they send you. You are representing their warped unprofessional money lusting position, not the position of the player or decent fans. You and the likes of Fab are a major reason for the acrimony. Just fudge off to a dark cave somewhere and rot you posh twunt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here