Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
None of us want to say it, but maybe ?

A nice early tweet from Tone tomorrow, welcoming Igor and announcing that Brighton's summer transfer window is now concluded and no further business will be done :wink:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
None of us want to say it, but maybe ?

A nice early tweet from Tone tomorrow, welcoming Igor and announcing that Brighton's summer transfer window is now concluded and no further business will be done :wink:
Absolutely not, still need a right back

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agree - that's the acid test. Biss and Cucurella looked outstanding in our system but have struggled to kick on. I think, unfortunately, MacAllister will be outstanding for Liverpool who have a shot at top 4 this coming season. Trossard is exactly where I said he'd be - warming the bench until they get fed up with Martinelli. Then you have a player like Dan Burn who was much criticised on here, including by me, who was a regular in a team that won Champions League football last season!
In three years time, all going well, nobody will be discussing the movement onward of our players. It will be what it is.

To learn that when we sold whatsisname to Arsenal, you know, the 'Leeds' one, we got more money than every single player we had ever sold before, combined, that was a Thing. Now I can't remember his name. Ben White. That was it. A year in our first team. That is football evolution.

Survival, inquiry, sophistication

How do we eat? What shall we eat? Where shall we have lunch?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Chelsea will get their man, they always do. Probably not in July or perhaps even August. It might be on the 1st Sept. They’ll pay £100m+ and field him, Colwill & Kudus against us. Money always wins through.

What is frustrating is that we’ve still got 5 weeks of this will he/won’t he nonsense before Mr Toad finally pays up.

Agreed, but I’m relaxed about how long it takes, for three reasons:

- it’s winding up Chavs plastics.
- CFC’s preseason lacks a world class defensive midfielder. Then they’ll lose this wholly avoidable stand off and cough the full £100m anyway. Tw@ts.
- I put myself in TB or PB’s handmade brogues. I’d wager they’re both incredibly laid back just now, player recruitment with or without MC going to plan.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Interesting article in the athletic about the transfer process, particularly where leaks often originate from. Rarely from the buying club, unless they're an insecure club without a plan. Hello super chels!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230727_084619_The Athletic.jpg
    Screenshot_20230727_084619_The Athletic.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG-20230416-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230416-WA0000.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 153

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Chelsea will get their man, they always do. Probably not in July or perhaps even August. It might be on the 1st Sept. They’ll pay £100m+ and field him, Colwill & Kudus against us. Money always wins through.

What is frustrating is that we’ve still got 5 weeks of this will he/won’t he nonsense before Mr Toad finally pays up.
I doubt Bloom will sanction it for even £100m on the 1st September, way too late.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Encouraging noises about Chelsea not being willing to pay more than £80m. Probably just testing the water to see whether they can tempt Caicedo to kick off in an attempt to keep the price down.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Encouraging noises about Chelsea not being willing to pay more than £80m. Probably just testing the water to see whether they can tempt Caicedo to kick off in an attempt to keep the price down.

I know it's not my money, so it's easy for me to say, but I think we should take the £80m, but insert a sell on percentage as well.

That way we could buy both Koopmeiners and Kudus, on top of Milner and Dahoud.

Those four and £35m+ cash profit for Mac Allister and Caicedo is decent business.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I do not see that scenario at all. Chelsea are not chucking £100m at us at the last minute and we will not derail the first half of our season at the last minute either. If Boehly wants his man he'll have to get the deal done earlier than that.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In the same way I don’t understand why Chelsea stumped up 60 million for Cucu I don’t understand why they won’t stump up the extra 20 million for Moises. Came on last night and oozed class. Hopefully their pig headedness on this continues to the window slamming shut. He would transform Chelsea’s midfield.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
In the same way I don’t understand why Chelsea stumped up 60 million for Cucu I don’t understand why they won’t stump up the extra 20 million for Moises. Came on last night and oozed class. Hopefully their pig headedness on this continues to the window slamming shut. He would transform Chelsea’s midfield.
A lot of things I've read lately from more thoughtful Chelsea pundits have suggested his singing would be the difference between top ten and top four and I'd agree. He's that good, that with their new signings (plus maybe Kudus and Olise) you could see him making that kind of difference. They'll have to eventually realise paying a bit more makes sense.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I wish them good luck with that. Has that club learned nothing from Arsenal trying that trick?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
he took a few minutes to settle last night but once he did some of his passing was sublime
I agree. He won the ball. And then distributed. His ball to Undav when he tried another dink was brilliant. I really hope he stays. With Adingra and Pedro giving us more depth we could be even better than last season.

Can’t wait to lose to 1-0 to Luton who score from a corner after their one attack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here