Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
And it does make a lot of sense. We have a lot of central midfielders and need defenders; arguably they have the reverse issue. Caicedo wants to go there and Colwill wants to come here. Its such an obvious swop deal.

Moreover its a great negotiating tactic for us, because we could sell Caicedo to anyone for a decent fee, but only Chelsea have Colwill. And if they won't include Colwill they'll have to go mega-bucks to get ahead of other teams.

The sticking point is that they know they're *Chelsea* and want them both. And that Poch clearly rates Colwill.

My gut is that this could happen, but more likely that either nothing happens or they stump up the £100m.
Has Colwill actually said he wants to come here? RDZ has been quoted as saying that if we sign Igor it will be the final piece to complete his squad ( should Moises stay)This is not to say Caicedo won't leave but we would then be looking for another midfielder and not a CB unless RDZ thinks he can cover Moises with what we already have leaving Colwill to come in...but very unlikely IMO!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Has Colwill actually said he wants to come here? RDZ has been quoted as saying that if we sign Igor it will be the final piece to complete his squad ( should Moises stay)This is not to say Caicedo won't leave but we would then be looking for another midfielder and not a CB unless RDZ thinks he can cover Moises with what we already have leaving Colwill to come in...but very unlikely IMO!

De Zerbi never said "it will be the final piece", he actually said “He can be a right player for us to complete the squad and to be important for us.” and as he will be informed on all of our transfer business he may be talking hollistcally, not as an individual signing.

As for replacing Moises, if he leaves, De Zerbi has said "if Moises leaves we have to find the right player because it’s difficult to replace a player as good as Moises" that's ambiguous as he may be talking from within the existing squad or, more likey a new signing, like Kudus.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Has he?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I wonder if he goes whether he would be replaced, in honesty. For two positions in a double pivot, we have;

Dahoud
Gilmour
Groß
Ayari
Milner(?)
Alzate

That’s two covers for each, assuming Dahoud and Gilmour would be our starting pair.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When is the much predicted toy throwing starting?

Not convinced it will happen at all personally.

Unless a Colwill deal can be approved I don’t think he’ll be going to Chelsea :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When is the much predicted toy throwing starting?

Not convinced it will happen at all personally.

Unless a Colwill deal can be approved I don’t think he’ll be going to Chelsea :shrug:
Agreed…been saying this all along. It’s either Colwill plus cash (or possibly a ridiculous amount of cash) or the deal isn’t happening. Can’t see the Lizard blinking first.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Comments are interesting……quite a number turning on the Chelsea management/ownership now :laugh:

Quite a few are saying either that he doesn't really 'want' the move (ie: if he was desperate he would have put in a transfer request) and that if they want him, they're going to have pay for him properly. So - seems as though some are gradually beginning to understand the reality.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Quite a few are saying either that he doesn't really 'want' the move (ie: if he was desperate he would have put in a transfer request) and that if they want him, they're going to have pay for him properly. So - seems as though some are gradually beginning to understand the reality.
I've been lurking on the various Reddit threads about this and it's pretty fascinating (read: hilarious) to see the various takes on there.

"Should sack his agents for not putting a release clause in" - probably a fair comment, on balance
"Needs to refuse to play to push the move" - we don't tend to buckle to that pressure
"Brighton are greedy" - Brighton have a valuation Chelsea have yet to meet

And so on and so on.

But the one that really amuses is:

"He's played under 50 games, how are they asking for £100m?"

Easy: we put in a f**k-ton of work over (I think) three years to sign him in the first place. He's a vital part of our team. He's young and genuinely has potential to become the best defensive midfielder on the planet. Most importantly he's under contract, a contract he signed six months ago.

I swear the users on r/soccer have an average age of 15 or something.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fabrizio has gone quiet on this weeks even months ago he was reporting a done deal
Having wasted a portion of my time putting together a collage showing a selection of his tweets over a month in which he was simply rewording 'caicedo and chelsea pretty much agreed contract, now it's just about chelsea and brighton agreeing a fee' I will take his silence over another version of a tweet about the same situation

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
And it does make a lot of sense. We have a lot of central midfielders and need defenders; arguably they have the reverse issue. Caicedo wants to go there and Colwill wants to come here. Its such an obvious swop deal.

Moreover its a great negotiating tactic for us, because we could sell Caicedo to anyone for a decent fee, but only Chelsea have Colwill. And if they won't include Colwill they'll have to go mega-bucks to get ahead of other teams.

The sticking point is that they know they're *Chelsea* and want them both. And that Poch clearly rates Colwill.

My gut is that this could happen, but more likely that either nothing happens or they stump up the £100m.
Hedging your bets there I see! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here