Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where have NSC posters been in the world?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
From the sky I've seen Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Central African Republic, Zimbabwe, Libya and Kent - all the world's nice places.

I've also seen Morocco over the water from Gibraltar.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
From the sky I've seen Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Central African Republic, Zimbabwe, Libya and Kent - all the world's nice places.

I've also seen Morocco over the water from Gibraltar.

Yep. 2 more. I've seen Yemen from Saudi Arabia and Gibraltar from Morocco.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
View attachment 75171

Memory not what it was but I've been to:

France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Spain, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, USA, Canada, Tunisia, Mexico, Canaries (GC & Tenerife) er think that's all. Does Gillingham count?

You got me bro, guilty as charged!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
All but two countries in South America, a couple of North African countries, 90% of Europe (the two countries I've not been to are being crossed off in September), about half of the US. I'm doing okay. Asia is definitely next on the list.

Got the boat from Corfu to Saranda in Albania in 1992, it was a bit of a dump full of street children, holes in road, deep holes and very little traffic except for some kids in a beat up German registered Golf doing handbrake turns in the main square, Apparently is a lovely resort these days frequented by Dutch and German tourists

From memory:

France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Monaco, Croatia, Austria, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Denmark, Russia, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, Brazil, Colombia, USA, Canada, UAE, Kenya, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Turkey, Greece, Israel, Luxembourg, Ireland, Dominican Republic, Mauritius, Tanzania

Got, got, need, got, need, got, got, got, need, need, got, got, got, need, need, need, need, need, got, got, need, need, need, need, need, need, need, got, got, need, need, need, need, need, got, need, got, got, need, need, need.

My favourite places in the world are Varadero in Cuba, I went there in 1994, All inclusive was non existent and restaurants had very limited choice but there was beer and rum and the beaches were silent with no water sports or jet skis, it was truly beautiful.
And also Goa, spent a month there but unlikely to return as the wife, although enjoyed it prefers the hotels and facilities of Thailand.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Kenya, Hawaii, Greece, Cyprus, Croatia, Turkey, Barbados, Antigua, Trinidad, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Italy, Germany, France, Belgium, USA , Sarf Africa etc etc

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
One of Mark Thatcher's "escapades" involved an attempted coup in Equatorial Guinea. Several of the plotters were arrested and one of them died in prison, under torture it's rumoured.

Quite. Black Beach Prison has a fearsome reputation and the president was rumoured to indulge in cannibalism.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Also I'm claiming the shortest visit to a country, 11 minutes in Spain running for a connecting flight.

I'm claiming shorter. Skiing in La Thuile, Italy my sister-in-law and I skied down one particular slope which took us into France. We realised there was not much there that side of the mountain and got a button straight back up and went back into Italy. I'm sure we did it in less than 11 minutes :lolol:

It was that silly little blue run at the bottom that goes from Italy into France.

lathuile.JPG

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Quite. Black Beach Prison has a fearsome reputation and the president was rumoured to indulge in cannibalism.

Along with Ceuta and Melilla, would I be right in saying that Equatorial Guinea is the only country in Africa that does have one of English, French, Portuguese or Arabic as an official language?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Along with Ceuta and Melilla, would I be right in saying that Equatorial Guinea is the only country in Africa that does have one of English, French, Portuguese or Arabic as an official language?

I'm not sure exactly. I believe it is the only Spanish speaking colony in Africa if that helps?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Ireland, France, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Poland, Czech Rep, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Portugal.
Egypt, Uganda, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho.
Turkey, Dubai, Thailand, Vietnam.
USA

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
At a quick count 71 (edit: 75 - forgot Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, and Vatican City) countries across every continent/sub continent bar Antarctica.
Very much doubt I'll expand on that

Of places visited:

Most memorable scenically: Ayers Rock at sunrise/Gobi Desert
Most memorable emotionally: Auschwitz
Visit again & again: Hong Kong/Bali/small town America/France
Nicest people: Balinese
Never again: Yemen

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here