Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where does Poyet find the time?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I never get bored of reading this sort of article. There have been dozens of similar musings, but it is great to read. Poyet has certainly raised our profile. I suspect we will have the most column inches on day one of next season, regardless of which division we moght find ourselves in.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
How many mistakes can one journalist make?

No one looks at the game through a hammer cage (he must have visited when there wasn't a match on)... we didn't come to Withdean in 1997... the changing rooms aren't mobile...

Sounds a bit of a patronising sod this Oliver Brown.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
moved to withdean in 1997??? lol and how did priestfield claim the worst stadium in the country?? ive been to worse.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
good read that , cheers

i love gus i do

'raucous support' - love that bit

raucous indeed - another national article proving that our support is well respected and loud - yet some dullards on here have slated it this season

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
moved to withdean in 1997??? lol and how did priestfield claim the worst stadium in the country?? ive been to worse.

The article appeared in the Observer newspaper on 10/10/2004. The "winner" was indeed Priestfield,with Kenilworth Road second,Millmoor third,then Withdean,followed by
Fratton Park,Selhurst Park,Blundell Park,Ninian Park,National Hockey Stadium and Stamford Bridge.

One quote :- "I went there once to watch Withdean v East Grinstead in the Sussex County League.The attendance was 38.Says it all,really."

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

No one looks at the game through a hammer cage (he must have visited when there wasn't a match on)... we didn't come to Withdean in 1997... the changing rooms aren't mobile...

The hammer net was a quote from a fan in 2004 (when we came 4th in rubbish stadia), so it was accurate at that point.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
There are always three Gus Poyets available at any time. He watches at least one rival per week, chuckling silently at their weaknesses, whilst performing miracles with his own team and chopping the ingredients for a traditional Uruguayan meal to treat his never-forgotten family. After all tasks are completed, each carries out an interview with a different local and national media service, the one now roasting the seasoned asparagus-coated ram doing most of it. As the sun sets, the real Gus, lurking forever talkatively behind the curtain in the lab that lies 100m below his home, unwinds before collecting the telekineticked roboguses and plugging them in to recharge for another day of almighty acts under the power of his thought.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was in a black cab coming home tonight, cabby was telling me he was on the radio tonight to, not sure which, apparently talking about Crawley amongst other things and wishing them luck ... that'll cheer up the NSC whiners

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK

And Stoke aren't a Championship side...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where does Poyet find the time?
I'm sure you'd find the time, if you felt these interviews would gain you an extra 0 on the end of your next contract.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The last person to have the last post on every thread on the first page was me, about 4 years ago.

So why send me a PM saying you did not realise you were making things harder for me? you cant reply as i have banned you. and i am well pleased at having to trawl thrugh every thread and delete your comments on every page!!!...NOT!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

There are always three Gus Poyets available at any time. He watches at least one rival per week, chuckling silently at their weaknesses, whilst performing miracles with his own team and chopping the ingredients for a traditional Uruguayan meal to treat his never-forgotten family. After all tasks are completed, each carries out an interview with a different local and national media service, the one now roasting the seasoned asparagus-coated ram doing most of it. As the sun sets, the real Gus, lurking forever talkatively behind the curtain in the lab that lies 100m below his home, unwinds before collecting the telekineticked roboguses and plugging them in to recharge for another day of almighty acts under the power of his thought.

More MB gold!:lol::lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here