Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

where do you see the albion in 3 years?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fourteenth Eye said:
What he said

we will continue to bounce between the championship & league 1 until falmer

Is that not a misprint didnt you mean between 2 & 1?

One big question why when permission is granted for the building of Falmer will it take 3- 4 years to complete. Cardiff are hoping to have their new ground open December 2007, 14 months away and they haven't even got final permission yet.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Re: Re: where do you see the albion in 3 years?

The Wookiee said:
In 3 years time we will be no further forward than we are today. FACT
pretty much agree with that

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Still at Withdean, League Two (Division 4), no nearer to Falmer, Dick Knight has gone and London Irish is still giving us weekly updates on how Mark McGhee is doing at Elgin City.

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
on the 25-10-2009 we will be:

at withdean

in the HSBC All Stars Premier Division (formally known as league 1)

Awaiting falmer

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
BensGrandad said:

One big question why when permission is granted for the building of Falmer will it take 3- 4 years to complete. Cardiff are hoping to have their new ground open December 2007, 14 months away and they haven't even got final permission yet.

may have something to do with the finance plus the fact that their plans have already been put out to tender & the builders have been awarded the contract.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I think we will be roughly where we are now, in tearms of league position. I honestly beleave that falmer will be near completion and we will push for promotion out of this division once it is built. I dont think we will be in League 2.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
it will be 10 yrs in may since we left the goldstone, i can remember dick knight saying we were going to build falmer in stages and funny enough it was going to take 10 years.other clubs have no problems and to think it could be another 4 years at least making a total of 14 years without a ground beggers belief.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fortunately for Cardiff they are building their ground in Wales (OK, it does make getting to home fixtures easier!), they have already identified a site which I believe is the athletics track near Ninian Park, they have full backing from a forward thinking National Assembly and are pretty much assured of a bright future.

In fact the contrast with our position couldn't be starker, we are opposed at every step, the Government have lost it and JP cocked up on our application, LDC have just about given up trying to oppose us...and, we are trying to get away from an athletics track!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Dougal said:
league 1 , doing well to stay in there and many saying punching above weight.

Directors talking of moving us to Somerset

SOMERSET?

Fantastic,I live in Somerset.

Oh,Thank You God!

Up the Albion!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
marching along the seafront singing
WE WANT FALMER