• Fridge - I'm a bread tearing mother fucker

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Cupboard - I'm normal like you, Chappers

Votes: 38 97.4%

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I was just nosing around the fridge in the staff room to see if there was anything worth thieving (there wasn't) and noticed that somebody is keeping a small tub of marmite in there. This got me thinking that my mother does the same thing.

Now I don't know about you but I find that Marmite straight out of the fridge is not conducive to spreading AT ALL, it tears the bread summat rotten.

So, I ask, where do YOU keep your Marmite?

Oh FYI if you use that squeezy bollocks you can f*** off right now.

s_marmite.jpg

poll to follow

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It has to be the cupboard. Anywhere else would be stupid.

FACT.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
on the shelf at the supermarket where it should fooking stay!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cupboard, innit.

And agree - the squeezy bottle is USELESS.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
No way am I fan of marmite in the fridge, I like to keep it in the cupboard so when I come to want some it spreads easily, like a SLUTFACED WHORE.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
What kind of perverted fool would keep marmite in the fridge (obviously I don't include your mum, Chappers) gotta be ambient and in a glass jar, none of this squeezy marlarkey

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Somebody once told me if you whisk marmite it turns white! I might just go and do an experiment

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The only reason I can think for keeping Marmite in the fridge is if you bought the big tubs and ONLY used it for cooking however if you use if in cooking you're also likely to enjoy it on hot, white toast.

Or in a toasted cheese sarnie.

Or with beans on toast.

Anyone else hungry?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
No way am I fan of marmite in the fridge, I like to keep it in the cupboard so when I come to want some it spreads easily, like a SLUTFACED WHORE.

On the BUTTON Trigger, as usual.

Marmite needs to be as soft as a Jake Robinson challenge. Keeping Marmite in the fridge is just WRONG.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cupboard.

I find marmite only reaches it's full potential, when the tiny smidge of butter has been in the jar, for over 1 week.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Anyone remotely serious about marmite should keep it in one of these....

Marmite-Survival.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Oh FYI if you use that squeezy bollocks you can f*** off right now.

well put. though i have a feeling its slightly runnier than the days of yore before the travesty of squeeze came about. im normal of course.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I once put it in the fridge by mistake after making a post pub batch of marmite on toast. When I went to make my breakfast the following morning it was in the fridge I removed it immediately but something had happened to the marmite and even after a week back in the cupboard the marmite just wasn't the same and I had to chuck it and get a new jar.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
2. What do I do with it?
The most common use is as a spread on toast or in sandwiches. Note: it is generally spread very thinly because of its strong flavor—don't use it like jam. It has drug-like qualities; the more you eat, the thicker you need to spread it to get the same mouth-burning effect. Some people have even called it addictive.
It is also delicious spread on hot buttered crumpets or ryvita crackers. A pregnant fan has reported a love for Marmite and bananas.
Phil Johnson's favorite way to eat it is thinly-spread on rye toast with slices of sharp cheddar cheese. Very satisfying.
One contributor to the "I love Marmite" Web site has this suggestion: "Eat it on raw spaghetti. It's true! Dip raw spaghetti in Marmite and then eat; it tastes just like Twiglets."
A lot of Brits have it on buttered toast. Do take care not to get butter or bread crumbs in the Marmite jar. It makes an unappetizing mess for the next person.
There is no feeling like the smugness you feel when you manage to scrape just enough Marmite from the jar for another piece of toast. Top tip (from James Kew): pour boiling water into a near-empty jar and drink the jar clean.
A teaspoon of Marmite can also be added to soups, casseroles, and almost any savory food for a wonderful, rich flavoring.
In England, pretzel-like morsels and other boxed fast-food snacks are available with Marmite flavoring. Fans of Mr. Bean will remember an episode where he made hors d'oeuvres for a party by spreading Marmite on twigs cut from a tree outside his kitchen window.
In some neighborhoods it is (apparently!) common for nursing mothers to dab a little on their nipples before feeding their infants.
There are reports that some balding men have tried smearing Marmite on their heads to promote hair growth. No assessment of whether it works, however.
One reader of this FAQ writes: "I found you while surfing for Marmite. I don't know whom to tell but I think I have made a discovery. I used to get a lot of night cramps and took quinine. I did not like to take it every night and if I got a cramp I would eat a bit of salt. Because this makes me nauseous I tried Marmite. It stopped the cramp quite quickly. Then I started taking a teaspoonful of Marmite before going to sleep and I never get cramps now unless I forget to take it. This seems useful and I would like to share it."
Of course this is anecdotal and the keepers of this FAQ hereby officially disavow all claims about medicinal uses of Marmite—especially the suggestion, made by an American, that Marmite is very effective as a topical ointment in the treatment of haemorrhoids.

vitusvivi

May 30, 2008
i find that with Mamite it needs to mature... you need to leave it for a few weeks already opened mind and then WOA! It is just something else. Have you noticed that the marmite that has been in your cupboard for yonks is much tastier than the fresh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here