Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iceland

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Tescos, it'd be Morrisons if they did delivery though (Asda is better than Tesco also but their deliveries are a little 'inconsistent').

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
for meat..local butcher, bit dearer but far better quality meat than supermarkets.
for fish..local fishmongers,
fruit and veg, the fruit and veg bloke in the market,

sainbos for everything else.

i'm quite into making currys though, so spend a fair few bob in taj

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
For most things it is Sainsbury, but for wet fish Asda and Morrisons are the best by a mile, usually go to an Asian supermarket for spices as they have a better range at a more competitive price than any of the major chains. (I know there are a few posters who live in the Gloucester area, you have to go to Motala & sons at the back of Barton Street for all your Asian food needs...the place is amazing).

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Sainsburys.
Closest to my house at Uni, and seeing as they have a petrol station too, can easily rack up loads of Nectar points for their offers and all that

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wrong regarding bakery I'm afraid. Baguettes and all bread are freshly made in store on the day.

I know that Asda have lots of master bakers knocking them out instore , one of the big 4 however has them delivered and finished off in the ovens thus claiming they are freshly baked instore which is slightly different to the whole process from start to finish.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I know that Asda have lots of master bakers knocking them out instore , one of the big 4 however has them delivered and finished off in the ovens thus claiming they are freshly baked instore which is slightly different to the whole process from start to finish.

Ooo naughty. We only freshly bake baguettes, bread and rolls from scratch. Stuff like pies (meat and fruit) and danish pastries are all sent in frozen and 'baked off'.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sainsbury's as it's the best supermarket for stock, variety and value for money in Brighton. Morrissons sometimes but it's shit in Brighton, too small. The meat counter is okay as is the fish but fruit and veg selection is dire. CO-OP is an overpriced sham suitable only for mugs who have no idea about shopping. Tesco's is okay but too far out for me to bother with. Some good butchers around but more often than not I get my meat from supermarket meat counters.

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Waitrose here (why is that not on the poll?)

Tescos if we really have to!

Don't like Sainsbury's - never have really...

Milk gets delivered by the milk man though, even on bank holidays!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Iceland.

4 pints milk £1.10, sugar 68p, loo/kitchen rolls (pkt 4) £1.00.

Simple prices, very good for frozen and free home delivery if over £25. Pretty good staff in London Rd too and shop has bus stop right outside.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
thank god somerfield isn't on there.

I guess its between sainsbury's and Asda for me, but thats more because sitting in hollingdean puts you in the vincinity of both Asda Hollingbury and Sainsbury's. I was never a Tescos fan.

Waitrose in EG is nearest my flat and good to walk to for nice bits and pieces and pre-packaged meat.

Sainsbury's in EG for pre-prepared fruit, fresh meat from the counter, and general food.

Tescos in Crawley (as it is nearest my office) for toiletries and cleaning products, alcohol deals, Finest two for £9 meal deal and other general food/household shopping.

Flanagans Butchers in Crawley Down for sausages and kebabs and other BBQ meats.

Also CoOp in CD, think they have good range and quality and plenty of chilled beers and wines! (Same goes for M&S Simply Food in Felbridge).

Others:
Only been to the new Aldi in EG once, not sure I'll rush back (and they only take debit cards), never been to Lidl in Three Bridges, been to ASDA in Crawley a few times but not impressed with the food I tried, no Morrisons near me...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here