Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

where did al the Thalium go.. (Spy posion case)

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Sad to read about Mr Vitlienko's death, however it was caused..

What does bother me though (apart from the various tv news channels 'breaking' news updates, every 5mins it seems..) is the lack of consistency- last week the experts say he had Thalium oisoning, then this became radioactice Thalium, then later discounted.. and now it comesout there wasa .massive' amount of P-210..

so how come this wasnt noticed, on initial tests in hospital?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
why not just shoot him, or stab him, surely a lot easier, and with their apparent skills, something they can do without being caught.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
There was a discrepancy over what it was that caused his death. His post-moterm showed that he had levels of polonium 210 in his body - hence why the news changed!

The consultants treating him thought that he did have thallium poisoning, because of how he reacted to it.

It is said that what killed him could have been smaller than a grain of rice. He met his contacts in a sushi restaurant.

Simple job, done and dusted, no mess and plenty of time for the killer to split.

As much as we may point fingers at Putin and the KGB (who are far more ingrained into Russian affairs that Putin, who is just the current PM, http://www.fas.org/irp/world/russia/kgb/ )
you have to think about how we'd see a British turncoat spy, aka traitor, who remained critical of Great Britain and maintained a working effort against us.
In WWII, only one man rivalled Hitler for most hated. We called him 'Lord Haw-Haw' - an announcer presumed to be British, who mocked our losses over German radio broadcasts to undermine our morale, keep tell us we were losing the war. He was eventually hung for treason even though his nationality wasn't apparently even British!

Our government will now pretend to be making a concerted effort, along with diplomatic 'outcry' against this espionage assassination - but it will be simply lip-service. They have to complain about any murder of a foreigner who has been accepted into Britain with immunity and handed a British passport, it will have to be done as an example to all other dissidents and foreigners given asylum.
In truth though, it's all part of the spy game and we know it full well.
Our government and intelligence will simply admire it, and see if they could utilise the same style of espionage for future reference.

(and the press will enjoy telling us about it to the last drop of public interest).

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
desprateseagull said:
so, someone must have been close to him, to administer this stuff? have they been picked on cctv?

In all honestly, if your going to administer a fatal dose of P-210, a drug with the same effects that Thalium poisening would have (to allow the Doctors to waste time on a misdiaognosis) then you'd make sure the CCTV tapes were nicked/wernt working at the time?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Ringo said:
In all honestly, if your going to administer a fatal dose of P-210, a drug with the same effects that Thalium poisening would have (to allow the Doctors to waste time on a misdiaognosis) then you'd make sure the CCTV tapes were nicked/wernt working at the time?

Eaxctly, these people kill for a living!

They aren't ever going to get caught as it will all be covered up very professionally!

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Superphil said:
why not just shoot him, or stab him, surely a lot easier, and with their apparent skills, something they can do without being caught.

maybe they wanted him to suffer a long and i assume extremely uncomfortable death?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
sushi.gif

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Very interesting discussion on the radio last night.

If the Russian state decided to kill someone, why do it in a way that

1. Made them the prime suspect,

2. Took three weeks, so the bloke with access to the worlds press was able to tell everyone that they did it.

Seems a very strange way of knocking someone off "professionally".

A theory is that whoever did it had the intention of making everyone think it was the Russian government.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That struck me as strange too, if you want someone out of the way that much then there are plenty of ways to kill them without running the risk that they can tell their story to the press, as that poor man did.

I think claphams theory must be right, there are plenty of people in Russia who are opposed to Putin, perhaps it was someone who just wanted to discredit their government. Whoever did it knew that their deeds would initially be blamed on Putin and his allies, don't forget that he had links with the KGB, surely the agency that replaced them still has agents in the UK. Maybe it was a case of an old score being settled, with a double purpose, maybe we will never know.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The main thrust of the argument was that this wasn't a warning from Putin, but very much a warning directed at him.

Essentially, f*ck with us and look how much trouble we can cause you, not only in Russia but internationally.

Done in a way that leads Putin to know who exactly committed the murder but leads everyone else in the world to point the finger at him.

How better to weaken a man than to make him one of the prime suspects in a murder enquiry by knocking off one of his opponents ?

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am sure that Putin knows exactly who committed this murder, the only thing is that I am not sure that he will be that worried about it. It seems like Russia is ruled by a legitimised version of the KGB, albeit without a puppet figure-head government above it, as used to be the case during the communist era.

curly

Jul 5, 2003
gosport
of course, nothing like this ever happens in the uk,

mmmm oh yes, sorry i forgot

what about dr david kelly

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
curly said:
of course, nothing like this ever happens in the uk,

mmmm oh yes, sorry i forgot

what about dr david kelly

I tend to think he probably did kill himself.

I was reading yesterday about the way his pension worked in Private Eye.

If he had been sacked, his wife would have been unsupported AFTER his death.

As he killed himself prior to being sacked, his wife continues to receive his pension.

Kelly actually believed there were weapons of mass destruction didn't he.

Again - those "blamed" for his death gained nothing from it. Quite the opposite.

There do seem to be some odd things regarding his death I must agree, but pathologists seem to disagree all the time.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here