Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are those NSC Virgo knockers?

1066gull

I was one of them back in July. .Just saw it as a 'Adams signing his favourite player again'

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I admit I was one of the Virgo knockers. I still stand by opinion that he is not a central midfielder, and looks out of place there.

He has taken his goals well, and fair play to him. I think he looked better and more comfortable at right back today.

I love his commitment, and have never doubted it, but a central midfielder he is, though todays performance there was better than Crewe. But there is the argument that Barnet was shocking

He can defend well and he can attack well. His passing seems to have improved a lot. Surely he has all the attributes to be an excellent midfielder? I think he's been excellent in both games so far.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Excellent midfielder? No. He is not mobile enough for starters.

I don't want to judge him too harshly because he has notched three goals and I won't see my first game this season until Saturday.

But, there is a lot more to playing centre midfield than being able to defend and being able to attack.

Positional play, mobility, a very different type of fitness, speed over short and long distances, composure, passing...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Excellent midfielder? No. He is not mobile enough for starters.

I don't want to judge him too harshly because he has notched three goals and I won't see my first game this season until Saturday.

But, there is a lot more to playing centre midfield than being able to defend and being able to attack.

Positional play, mobility, a very different type of fitness, speed over short and long distances, composure, passing...
What a load of garbage

D

Deleted member 2719

Round Wilkins house having a dinner party.

You don't get it do you most of the Wilkins supporters are not anti Adams or every thing to do with him.
I just feel that a 20 year loyal servant to the club that was taking the club forward was shafted because King Dick felt like a change.

Well done Adam 10 goals from him and Cox this season and 15 from Murray and 18 from forster with the other chipping in should get us promotion.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I admit I was one of the Virgo knockers. I still stand by opinion that he is not a central midfielder, and looks out of place there.

He has taken his goals well, and fair play to him. I think he looked better and more comfortable at right back today.

I love his commitment, and have never doubted it, but a central midfielder he is, though todays performance there was better than Crewe. But there is the argument that Barnet was shocking

Well said (except I am sure you meant to put "a central midfielder he is'NT"). I thought he was becoming largely anonymous in the first half, then he pops up with another goal. Playing in central midfield is about a lot more than scoring goals from set pieces.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
You don't get it do you most of the Wilkins supporters are not anti Adams or every thing to do with him.
I just feel that a 20 year loyal servant to the club that was taking the club forward was shafted because King Dick felt like a change.

Well done Adam 10 goals from him and Cox this season and 15 from Murray and 18 from forster with the other chipping in should get us promotion.

Stop talking sense with him, he does not get it.

On the Virgo note, is it me as has he lost a yard of pace, maybe it is down to not playing too many games, just hope the injuries he has had since he left us have taken anything away from him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here