Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are they now?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Since I first started to watch the Albion in 1987, I have been entertained by many fantastic players. This got me thinking about what some of my favourite players are doing now. If any of my fellow Brighton fans can provide some insight into the players on the list below I would be very grateful:

Sergei Gotsmanov
Steve Penney
Robert Codner
Jeff Minton
Stuart Storer
Mark Beeney
Simon Morgan
Lee Steele
Rod Thomas
Dean Blackwell

:thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Lee Steele is currently with Ashton Utd in the Evo-Stik League :laugh:

Ashton United FC - Videos Photos View

Doesn't surprise me, he was never the most dedicated pro. I bumped into him a couple of years back in Las Vegas when I went over for the hatton / pacquiao fight, he was staying in the same hotel as us. It was 10 am and he was off his face!! :lolol: He was with Northwich at the time. Fair play though he said his time at Brighton was the most enjoyable of his career.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Gotsmanov is a coach in Minnesota at present. His two sons play in the USA professionally, one for the NSC Minnesota Stars

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Isn't Steve PennEy an optician in Ballymena

He runs one, yes. Have I told the story of working over there and meeting someone who knew him as the local celebrity?

I told him that SP was my favourite player from days of old, of my BHA supporting, and he said he'd try to get me to meet the great man. But SP was away on holiday and the chap told me to leave my address anyway.

A few weeks later, an old programme with SP on the front came through the door, which he had signed! :bowdown:

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Dean Blackwell moved to Harlow in Essex and has a successful chain of American nail bars and tanning salons in the North London and South East Essex area. He still kicks a ball around occasionally and he plays regularly for Sunny Days Hospice Old Boys in the Whitehaven and Workington local leagues. After he retired from professional footie he also became a big noise in the online gaming community where he has represented his county in World of Warcraft as a 16th level Wizard Warrior. His daughter, Margot also represented England in the recent junior world paintball championships in Paraguay coming a respectable 8th out of 73. Not to be outdone, his son , Norbit, has also represented Essex recently in the junior mixed gurning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here