Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

where are the 5 new players

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I think you were too optimistic earlier on ...

... although the mathematics, if not the current form, are still on our side.

Well I really hope both Mr Knight and Dean Wilkins leave me looking very stupid with face on my face by getting in quailty new players and we keep the play off challenge going.But I do have serious doubts.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well I really hope both Mr Knight and Dean Wilkins leave me looking very stupid with face on my face by getting in quailty new players and we keep the play off challenge going.But I do have serious doubts.

Were you really expecting better than mid table after last season. The defeat last Saturday was disappointing but generally we have had a good season. I am sure we will bring in some players before the window closes. Both O'Callaghan and Martot were brought in right at the end of the transfer window in August as were Bertin, Savage and Ward in January. At least give them until the end of January.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well I really hope both Mr Knight and Dean Wilkins leave me looking very stupid with face on my face

Face on your face? What else would you expect to be there? A rare Amazonian orchid, engraving of the planet Saturn, Britney Spears pubes?

Mid table mediocrity it is this season, let's enjoy it!

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Whilst DK is a legend he does sometimes risk plenty when he speaks
Surely better to sign players rather than raise our hopes prematurely- again

Per Andy Naylor we appear to be off the pace with many of the reported signings
Luton get rid of 5 but not Darren Currie!!

No wonder that DW does not want to talk about this subject!

Great to see NSC back!!

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I think DK speaks with passion, sometimes without thinking too much. I thought he was brave saying we would have up to 5 new players by this Saturday.

If we're after 5 lets hope we get 1 or 2 quality players because we desperately need them.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
would help if we got a few of the injured players back though

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
If We Played The Right Players In The First People We Wouldn't Have A Problem. I Said Elder Should Be Playing & Who Came Closest To Rescuing A Draw Against Mansfield? Nathan Elder Of Course. It's A Disgrace He Hasn't Been Given A Proper Chance While Forster Lives on Past Glories. I'm Dumbfounded

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
If We Played The Right Players In The First People We Wouldn't Have A Problem. I Said Elder Should Be Playing & Who Came Closest To Rescuing A Draw Against Mansfield? Nathan Elder Of Course. It's A Disgrace He Hasn't Been Given A Proper Chance While Forster Lives on Past Glories. I'm Dumbfounded

so you are suggesting that elder should be in front of forster? forster being our top goalscorer by a country mile..

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
so you are suggesting that elder should be in front of forster? forster being our top goalscorer by a country mile..

Only Because Elder Never Plays And Revell Is The Man In Form So Should Keep His Shirt. I Would Play Those Two With Forster On The Bench. With The Desperate Situation In Midfield Maybe We Could Try Forster There, Maybe AlongSide Butters As The Holding Player As Their Experience Will Be Invaluable. El-Abd & Lynch On The Wings To Exploit How Small Full-Backs Usually Are And I Think We Could Be Looking Up

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ah yes, Bars Mar. I'd forgotten about you and your dislike of Nicky Forster.

Anyhoo, why is Dick so under pressure to get these five in? He said he's speaking to five, and is hopeful of getting them, and expecting one or two. I'd actually like to think they're talking to about 10 players, with the hope of getting five in.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Only Because Elder Never Plays And Revell Is The Man In Form So Should Keep His Shirt. I Would Play Those Two With Forster On The Bench. With The Desperate Situation In Midfield Maybe We Could Try Forster There, Maybe AlongSide Butters As The Holding Player As Their Experience Will Be Invaluable. El-Abd & Lynch On The Wings To Exploit How Small Full-Backs Usually Are And I Think We Could Be Looking Up

Butters and Forster as the central midfield.

Brilliant!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
el-abd and lynch as wingers???
so bars mar your starting line up if all available would be midfield of

el-abd butters forster lynch

and strike force of

revell elder...

just wondering who you would play in goal and defence?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here