Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are all the doubters now??

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
hmm

???

Those who had written us off several times this season and resigned themselves to relegation. It's a good job some of us stay positive and stick right behind the boys through thick and thin on our quest for the promised land of League One survival.

That result last night was for those of you who didn't bay to poular demand of slagging off the players, manager and board.

:ascarf:

and now you're gonna believe us, the Albions staying up!

:clap2:

i was a doubter,but i still went to games a supported,i dont know wether you went to wallsall away,if you had then maybe,you would of been a doubter also? but hey humble pie sure does taste good this morning.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I am not one who slags off the players or management Crodonilson old boy, but I thought we were dead and buried. The turnaround has been remarkable (and suggests that maybe the players did deserve a little criticism, since they clearly had quality but were not getting the results) but I'd say even now that if the players think, as the tone of your post suggests you do, that we're safe already, then we're still going to go down.

Not until the fat lady has taken her bow, picked up the flowers and f***ed off stage left, is it over. Looking at the remaining fixtures for the others this season, particularly on the last day, I am optimistic now, which I haven't been until last night.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
His job was certainly not impossible. It was just some people didn't take too kindly to players being played out of position, loanees who didn't overly care and a manager with a blase attitude.

I could go on but I don't want to be accused of spouting more "bullshit".

Correct.Micky Adams made an absolute shambles of managing the club this season and lost the plot completely.Should have gone earlier!:nono:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
There should be doubters, I am one. It would be a monumental achievement to stay up.
In a 10 month season we have been shit for 8 of them

I dont think we hosetly deserve to stay up on 8 months of shit, but I am more than happy to take staying up.

It was all down to the expectation of bringing in a legend to make us improve on a good finish last season.

No matter how good an achievement staying up would be, it has still be a shit house, disasterous season. Oh and we're not quite there yet Brighton fans.........

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
im not ashamed im a doubter....was,is,will be.........I thought that was part of the deal, being a fan of this mighty club of ours....................

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The paragon of optimisim, Harty, even started to doubt we'd survive.

If you fall as low as third bottom this late in the season, to be "needing 5 wins out of 8" in a season where, up intil last week, we had only had back to back victories once, requiring other teams who are fighting for their survival to drop more points than us, it isn't unreasonable to doubt you'll survive.

Negative people will see us as failing, and will doubt.
Realists will look at our previous form, current form and look at teams we have to play and doubt.
Even most optimists look at the situation and doubt.

It's only the uber-optimists who make the "mathematically possible" argument that is usually only thrown out when no other logical argument can be made. Well, the uber-optimists, and those fans that feel desperate to prove themselves as bigger fans, so no matter how much they doubt, never admit it so that either way they can act superior because they "never" doubted.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
There should be doubters, I am one. It would be a monumental achievement to stay up.
In a 10 month season we have been shit for 8 of them

I dont think we hosetly deserve to stay up on 8 months of shit, but I am more than happy to take staying up.

It was all down to the expectation of bringing in a legend to make us improve on a good finish last season.

No matter how good an achievement staying up would be, it has still be a shit house, disasterous season. Oh and we're not quite there yet Brighton fans.........

Thing is, there are other teams of shit around us too :p

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
they are up in Grimsby

If you read through my recent posts then you will notice I couldn't care who is manager at the minute, I'd rather us stay up than have a silly argument on here about Slade.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
AGree with US on this one. By the way - is there somewhere to see the table from two weeks ago without having to effectively make one by recalculating? Would be interesting to see just how bleak things were just before Easter. I recall 4 points off the pace and third bottom.

You can do that on the Club website, it has a table after every game if you go to fixtures and click on the link (next to match report button).

I'll admit I was a doubter, and had pretty much written off any hope of us staying up. I'll also admit I thought re-signing Gary Hart was a poor decision. Shows what I know.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
It did look pretty bad going in to the Hereford match...

Attachments

• table.png
    table.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 34

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The paragon of optimisim, Harty, even started to doubt we'd survive.

If you fall as low as third bottom this late in the season, to be "needing 5 wins out of 8" in a season where, up intil last week, we had only had back to back victories once, requiring other teams who are fighting for their survival to drop more points than us, it isn't unreasonable to doubt you'll survive.

Negative people will see us as failing, and will doubt.
Realists will look at our previous form, current form and look at teams we have to play and doubt.
Even most optimists look at the situation and doubt.

It's only the uber-optimists who make the "mathematically possible" argument that is usually only thrown out when no other logical argument can be made. Well, the uber-optimists, and those fans that feel desperate to prove themselves as bigger fans, so no matter how much they doubt, never admit it so that either way they can act superior because they "never" doubted.
Correct. I think people who can say "I never doubted we'd survive" are not uberfans as such but, well, let's call them 'touchingly naive' Faced with the situation we found ourselves I think any sane and rational person would have rated our chances as highly doubtful given what had happened so far this season. Wanted us to survive - yes. Thought we would - odds were against it.

So I make no apologies for being sane and rational as opposed to being like the Red Queen in 'Alice through the looking glass' who said: "I always like to try and believe three impossible things before breakfast."

And we're not safe yet ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here