Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are all the doubters now??

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
???

Those who had written us off several times this season and resigned themselves to relegation. It's a good job some of us stay positive and stick right behind the boys through thick and thin on our quest for the promised land of League One survival.

That result last night was for those of you who didn't bay to poular demand of slagging off the players, manager and board.

:ascarf:

and now you're gonna believe us, the Albions staying up!

:clap2:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lets not start all this shit. 90% of people believed we were dead and buried 2 weeks ago. Lets not start a " I am an Uberfan becuase I always thought we would stay up " binfest.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
İbrahim Tatlıses;2906 Ironic how his controversial re-signing of Hart which he took a LOT of stick for has effectively saved our season.[/QUOTE said:
Indeed it is. Just a shame that nearly everything else he did got us needing a miracle worker to save us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
İbrahim Tatlıses;2906425 said:
Bullshit, fans were on his back as early as October making his job an impossible one.

Ironic how his controversial re-signing of Hart which he took a LOT of stick for has effectively saved our season.
They were on his back because he had a big budget and we were utter shit. And as for OGH, yes Adams signed him, BUT HE DIDN'T PLAY HIM.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Lets not start all this shit. 90% of people believed we were dead and buried 2 weeks ago. Lets not start a " I am an Uberfan becuase I always thought we would stay up " binfest.

There are plenty of things you say that I don't agree with, but this is spot on.

Only one thing matters now - get behind the boys in stripes 100% with no slagging of or abuse of anyone.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

Well said, I can't stand it when people try and start scoring points off each other. Loads of non-Brighton fans I know thought we were dead a couple of weeks ago and I don't think ANYONE realistically would have expected us to win 4 of 5. We're not safe yet by a long shot either.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
İbrahim Tatlıses;2906425 said:
Bullshit, fans were on his back as early as October making his job an impossible one.

Ironic how his controversial re-signing of Hart which he took a LOT of stick for has effectively saved our season.

His job was certainly not impossible. It was just some people didn't take too kindly to players being played out of position, loanees who didn't overly care and a manager with a blase attitude.

I could go on but I don't want to be accused of spouting more "bullshit".

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
AGree with US on this one. By the way - is there somewhere to see the table from two weeks ago without having to effectively make one by recalculating? Would be interesting to see just how bleak things were just before Easter. I recall 4 points off the pace and third bottom.

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
I believed that we were doomed but as it stands this morning there is hope. We would already be down if Adams was still manager. Slade is a breath of fresh air and must have earned the right to start next season in the hot seat. Still two games to go so don't count your chickens before they have hatched...

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

I've always believed we'll stay up and I think your 90% is a bit unrealistic, Uncle, more like 70% - a surprisingly large minority still had faith.

BUT, the battle's not yet won, so we can't start getting complacent and tempting fate. The next two games are ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE.

Come on lads, let's do this and make all the hard work over the last few weeks worthwhile :clap2:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We're not safe yet! We're Brighton, we're more than capable of f***ing this up - that's what makes suppporting this club so exciting!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I wanted the team to stay up.

Whereas I'm pretty sure, certain of the NSC cretin brigade, actually wanted the team to go down, albeit to get shot of Dick Knight et al. and prove themselves to be NSC oracle in residence. Wankers.

I'm no super fan (after all I live hundreds of miles from Brighton), but I am a pretty faithful/loyal supporter.

Not some fat, past it, internet whore, percolating the pores of this forum like some kind of toxic leachate, berating and belittling people for actually having the audacity to "believe" in something they've cared deeply for all of their respective adult lives.

Bastards I say. Bastards.

Kosh

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Quite so, well said. And let's not forget that we are not out of the mire yet either.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Whereas I'm pretty sure, certain of the NSC cretin brigade, actually wanted the team to go down, albeit to get shot of Dick Knight et al. and prove themselves to be NSC oracle in residence. Wankers.

I'm no super fan (after all I live hundreds of miles from Brighton), but I am a pretty faithful/loyal supporter.

Not some fat, past it, internet whore, percolating the pores of this forum like some kind of toxic leachate, berating and belittling people for actually having the audacity to "believe" in something they've cared deeply for all of their respective adult lives.

Kosh

Uber rant! Superb.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

Kosh

I do agree that there were some people who I think wanted us to go down so they could attack the board/players/management. They get a kick out of it.

I'm glad you've changed your signature US, has Slade proved he can do it now?

I do remember some of the threads when people were trying to be positive (in hard times I admit). Some of the language these people received was awful so I wouldn't disallow them time to gloat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here