Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where and what age did you pass your driving test ?

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
US driving test: 22, 1st time, Gaithersburg, Maryland
UK driving test; 30, 2nd time, Winchmore Hill

You did well to pass in Winchmore Hill if it was anytime recently! Those examiners are bastards! (I should know, I'm a driving instructor!). WH's closed now and moved to Enfield by the Innova Business Park.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing, 18, first time.

After a particular crap final lesson just beforehand, I think I just got all of the bad driving out of the way then.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Bury St Edmunds at the tender age of 27, a long time ago. My 3 point turn was interrupted by a flock of sheep that had escaped from the market. I had to park the car and help the examiner and the stockman to shepherd them back into the market. Did not have to complete the 3 point turn.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It took me 6 goes and I'm a crap, crap driver.

I remember telling a notorious driving examiner, Mr Paternoster, that he was a bully.

He made me reverse around a corner, up a hill on a busy road off Shoreham road. Tosser. He failed me 3 times.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
In Hove at 18, after failing 1st time in Crawley.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Eastbourne, 17. First time, but a crap driver. Got taught how to pass the test not how to drive.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Hove, 19 (Car)

Worthing, 40 (Bike)

My Driving Instructor was very 'old school', he used to wrap me over the knuckles with a wooden ruler if I left my hand on the gear lever for too long. He also gave me the bollocking of my life when I argued with him during a mock test, it worked, I passed first time !

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here