Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wher did you,sit or stand. The Goldstone

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
How many people started in the North Stand and ended up in the West Stand via the pitch during the game to say 'hello' to the club's esteemed chief executive, I wonder

I remember the front of the Argus the following Monday, I had to hide it from the old man as I was right in the middle of the picture climbing over the wall and into the directors box try to get at Bellotti.

About 3/4 of the way down the North stand to the left of the goal.

goldstone_270.jpg

Last edited:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
When my Dad first took me we went in the in the North Stand with me standing on a box. By the late seventies we were in East Terrace standing at the very highest point.

Found myself back in the North Stand when that twat shut the East Terrace.

Only ever watched half of one game from the West Stand. Standing in front of the Mansfield Directors after entering over the East Terrace turnstiles. What a day that was !

I miss it too

:drink:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
When I started going, in the chicken run.
Then I 'graduated' to the North Stand.
And finally ended up on THAT day in the south west terrace. Robbie R slid over towards me. :bowdown:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Over nearly 30 yyears of going to games there I've been in every bit of the ground except the seats in the South.

But most of the time it was in the North Stand, usually just to the right of the goal (as you look at the pitch) about 2/3 the way down.

I had a phase of going on the Chicken Run, just to the N of the 1/2 way line, about 2/3 of the way up in the Cattlin period, but it didn't last!

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Chicken run in the mid 60's, never really watched a game, just picked up beer bottle tops over the top of the East Terrace. Then the East Terrace for the enire 70's, bar the League cup game against Derby when I was in the South Stand which was incredible that night. The eighties was mainly in the North Stand with the exception of the Arsenal cup came which for some reason I was in the West Terrace in front of the West Stand with the old man who only ever went on the East Terrace.

Used to visit the kabin on the North West Terrace for a beer, which is where i was when we had the earlier mentioned mad last few minutes of the Sunderland game. I seem to recall Eric Potts doing that to Stoke as well, possibly same season.

Oh happy days...

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Pretty much all over th place except for the South Stand seats and the Directors Box! Even did the Lego Stand once. Always hated seats and still do.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
One of my mates bought his first house overlooking the East Terrace.

He got a letter from the club stating that if his front garden had people in it whilst a match was being played, could he make sure they stayed inside the house until the match was completed.

:lolol:

Needless to say he ignored that. A few weeks later he received another letter stating that a huge tarpaulin was going to be erected to spoil his field of view.

A quick solicitors letter later and that was the last he heard from the club.

He has some great videos filmed from his bedroom windows of varios matches. Bit of a novelty back then.

Me? I paid to attend every match :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here