Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When's The Last Time You Went To An England Game?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
England v Kazahstan a few years ago at Wembley. Finished 5-1, having been booed at HT by most of the crowd.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Cant remember the opponents but it was a boring 0-0 draw, the very next game Malcolm McDonald scored 5 in a 5-0 win!
Never been since.
Always assumed it was impossible to get tickets unless you were a member of the England supporters club?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
dbl post

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was there last night. Well, when I say there, in body for most of the evening.

A rare hospitality jolly (*badfan*), no prawns, only free bar and proper scram. Just been to retrieve my car from Hillingdon, still a bit jaded.

Mein host and half the table were so fed up at half-time we came back inside and got blitzed instead, something I would never do for an Albion match.

Saw Lamps' penalty on the TV, reminded me of some great days at Cheltenham never making it out of the Tommy Atkins Bar.

All in all, one of my more enjoyable England experiences.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mine was a friendly against Mexico (I think) about three years ago (?). Before that, it was THIS game, which confirmed to England managers for the rest of eternity why they should never, ever, pick Crystal Palace players.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Watching the match last night,then i started to realise i hadn't been to an england game for years
It was actually 1999 against France at the old wembley,got played off the park by zidane & co,anelka bagged a brace,should of been a hat-trick,it was clearly over the line

What about you?

Snap

D

Deleted member 2719

A few years ago at the old Wembley, one of the last games against Argentina, can't even remember the result, what i do know is the steward were going throw me out for having a swig of Brandy from my hip flasks i hate jobsworths.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The 3-1 win over Egypt at Wembley in March 2010.

England fans have changed a lot in the last few years. I travelled to a few away ones in the Sven era and there always seemed to be trouble back then. Slovakia was bad with the riot police in 2003, Poland in 2004 rival fans were hurling lethal bits of metal, rocks and coins at each other. Frightening to possibly lose an eye for life in a hostile atmosphere like that. Afterwards I thought is it all worth it over football? So I started only going to home matches.

I don't have enough points now to go and it's much different (for the better without hooliganism) with that trumpet band.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Sometime in the 80's. I was a regular in the days when Wembley really was a piss-hole. It would run down the stairwells to the upper tier. I never bought a ticket in advance, just bowled along on the day.

I have just looked up the fixtures and I think this is the last one I actually remember:

[yt]S2lxdqHHLUk[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here