Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When's petrol coming down then?

Honest question.

I am sure that the companies will claim that they "subsidised" some of the rises so they cannot quickly pass on the falls.

So, with oil knocking on $100 again, how much truth is there in this?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The Esso on London Road this morning had gone up 1p on yesterdays unleaded price .

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Was 108.9 when I was up north a couple of weeks ago.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It SHOULD be coming down at the pumps - the price of crude has dumped about $10 in the last two days. But that's not to say it will, the swine.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just think, 500ml of WATER at the Withdean costs #1.50, i.e. #3.00 a litre... and all they have to do is tick it in a bottle. Crude oil has to be tankered / piped halfway around the world, refined, and delivered to petrol stations as petrole, which itself is rather hazardous. I'm AMAZED how cheap petrol is... No that I wouldn't mind it a bit cheaper!:clap2:

scooter1

How soon is now?
Just think, 500ml of WATER at the Withdean costs #1.50, i.e. #3.00 a litre... and all they have to do is tick it in a bottle. Crude oil has to be tankered / piped halfway around the world, refined, and delivered to petrol stations as petrole, which itself is rather hazardous. I'm AMAZED how cheap petrol is... No that I wouldn't mind it a bit cheaper!:clap2:

Sadly its worse than that - You don't get a half litre bottle at Withdean, its only 275ml for you £1.50....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pretty sure petrol prices have been slowly coming down.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was 108.9 when I was up north a couple of weeks ago.

The same heading west over the bank holiday.
Surely we can't be paying more for stuff just because we live in the south east. That will never catch on.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Been £107.9 in Edinburgh for past couple of weeks.

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Apparently, its a well-known phenomenon known as 'rockets and feathers' - all to do with the laws of economics.

Or in other words, oil companies get richer and we get poorer.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
What really hacks me off is that the supermarkets give a 5p discount on fuel if you spend over £50 in the store, that is very good for families who may spend say £100 quid in one shop, but no good for those who live alone and probably survive on somewhat less than £50 a week...I assume that they are subsidising the discounts given to families (or jabbas).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here