Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will they learn??

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Vlad the Impala said:
That is stupid. Policemen in most countries of the world carry a gun. Increasingly true here in the UK as well.

OK some policemen carry guns in the UK, but where do they keep them when they are off duty, not easily accessable to their kids I would guess.

I found myself thinking last night, why is this the main item on the news, what does it matter to us in the UK. The US government is more likely to instruct all teachers to carry guns in the classroom than listen to the horror coming across the ocean and restrict gun laws.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
gazwag said:
OK some policemen carry guns in the UK, but where do they keep them when they are off duty, not easily accessable to their kids I would guess.

I found myself thinking last night, why is this the main item on the news, what does it matter to us in the UK. The US government is more likely to instruct all teachers to carry guns in the classroom than listen to the horror coming across the ocean and restrict gun laws.

Whilst armed British police shooting a man dead was a big story on the BBC 6pm news yesterday, the 6:30pm ITV news didn't seem to mention it at all (at least it wasn't in the ITV headlines) whereas the US shooting was top of the bill.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
readingstockport said:
Anyone else think it amazingly ironic and hypocritical that bush cuts short another of his holidays to try to protect the life of the brain-dead coma victim whilst merrily glossing over his record as governor of texas during which time he signed 150 death warrants, granting only one stay of execution and steadfastly opposing gun control.

Yeah right, he REALLY thinks life is valuable - just like the rest of the right wing hypocrites.

But the flip side of that argument is you're willing to fight for the lives of murderers yet will let an innocent disabled person die.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here