Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will they learn??

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
A schoolboy has shot dead nine people and then killed himself at a school in the US state of Minnesota.
The juvenile gunman, thought to be a local teenager, killed two of his grandparents before going on a rampage at the school, authorities said.

At least a dozen others were injured in the violence at Red Lake High School, which is on an Indian reservation, FBI spokesman Paul McCabe said.

It was the deadliest US school shooting since the Columbine killings in 1999.

''I looked him [the gunman] in the eye and ran in the room, and that's when I hid ''

Sondra Hegstrom
Witness

In April of that year, two teenage gunmen killed 13 people and themselves at Columbine high school in Colorado.

Police have launched an investigation into Monday's shootings on the Red Lake reservation, about 240 miles (390km) north of the state capital, St Paul.

The dead included a teacher, a security guard, two boys - including the teenage gunman - and two girls, Mr McCabe said.

Two more wounded pupils later died. At least a dozen others were injured, the FBI said.

One survivor, Red Lake pupil Sondra Hegstrom, told the Pioneer of Bemidji newspaper: "You could hear a girl saying, 'No, Jeff. Quit! Quit! Leave me alone. Why are you doing this?' Boom, boom, boom, and then no more screaming.

"I looked him in the eye and ran in the room, and that's when I hid."

'Grinning and waving'

A local fire chief was quoted as saying that a pupil had walked into the school while classes were going on.

Police shut down the school as they investigated the shootings
He said the youth was carrying several weapons, including a shotgun and a pistol.

He was "grinning and waving" as he fired, witnesses said.

Mr McCabe said all of those killed at the school were in one room.

"It will probably take us throughout the night to really put the whole picture together," Mr McCabe said.

The school - close to the Canadian border - has about 300 pupils.

Eyewitnesses are quoted as saying that the whole reservation has been locked down by police who have set up road blocks.

Before the school attack, the boy shot dead his grandparents at their house in Red Lake, officials said.

The reservation is home to native Americans of the Chippewa tribe.

:( :( :(

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
When will we learn?

We might not have guns here but schoolchilren seem to do plenty of damage with knives.

Bring back capital punishment.

capt.vah10903161657.iran_hanging_vah109.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes but when you deal with people who say 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people' you know there's an IQ deficit problem.

I've had Americans say to me that we're denied our rights as we can't legally bare arms. My understading is that Americans can legally bear arms AT TIM OF WAR. Well, most of them don't live anywhere Iraq do they ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If anybody believes that it should be LEGAL to bear arms then they are thick as f***ing PIGSHIT.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
If I hear any more of BHA's "I met an American once who..." stories I think I will have to shoot someone myself.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Yes but when you deal with people who say 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people' you know there's an IQ deficit problem.

I've had Americans say to me that we're denied our rights as we can't legally bare arms. My understading is that Americans can legally bear arms AT TIM OF WAR. Well, most of them don't live anywhere Iraq do they ?

quite the opposite, in some areas its actually mandatory to own a firearm (though not particularly enforced). The problem is two fold: the "right to bear arms" actually means the right to *own*, but his is mis-interpreted as the right to carry a machinegun around the city centre; the other problem is that it is based on the somewhat redundant idea that they (the citizens of the US) might at any moment be invaded by an imperial power so citizens should keep guns in order to form a militia.

This is of course utter bollocks in todays world.

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The right to bare arms is only slightly less ridiculous than the right to arm bears.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another disgraceful act of violence that will no doubt be repeated again in the USA shortly.

If you make fire arms as readily available as they do this is what happens.

Another very valid reason not to visit the USA.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
fatboy said:
When will we learn?

We might not have guns here but schoolchilren seem to do plenty of damage with knives.

Bring back capital punishment.

capt.vah10903161657.iran_hanging_vah109.jpg
1......2.......3.......BUUUUUNNNNNNGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:lolol:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
This case had nothing to do with the right to bear arms. His dad was a policeman and he stole his gun.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Vlad the Impala said:
This case had nothing to do with the right to bear arms. His dad was a policeman and he stole his gun.

Isn't it the effect of that right to bear arms which means his dad, as a policeman, has to carry a gun?

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
There was a shooting at Brixton Acadamy last night as well. Luckly noone was hurt though :)

These juviniles who go to schools with weopons then killing people and then killing themselves are total wankers in my honest opion, why dont they just kill themselves in thier own homes without have the f***ing history of being the "one who killed his grandparents and 9 other kids then himself just because he hated life and wanted to die " f***ing wankers, why should other people have to die like that just because he wanted to have some 'fun' before he kills himself

Has anything similar happened in the uk? I know there has been a few stabbings where only one or even on occasions 2 people have been killed, but has there been mass shootings like this?

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
six_yard_punisha said:
Isn't it the effect of that right to bear arms which means his dad, as a policeman, has to carry a gun?

That is stupid. Policemen in most countries of the world carry a gun. Increasingly true here in the UK as well.

Let's get down to brass tacks here, humans are no more sensible or predictable than animals. If we actually DID have more sense, then the whole question of 'right to bear arms' wouldn't actually NEED to be tabled at all!

The US 'should' say "let's not credit humanity with any more sense than its lowest iq member", disarm the lot - and make firearms unavailable.

Indeed, as e77 already aligned arming bears with arming humans - but actually neither makes any more sense than the other in civilian society.

Humans can only be relied upon to think and act with stupidity.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Vlad the Impala said:
If I hear any more of BHA's "I met an American once who..." stories I think I will have to shoot someone myself.

Let me buy you a gun,

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Gilliver's Travels said:
1987: Michael Ryan, Hungerford... 14 dead

1996: Thomas Hamilton, Dunblane... 17 dead

After both these instances the gun laws in this country were tightened. We recognised the problem and tried to do something about it.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
bhaexpress said:
Let me buy you a gun,

No need. I went to the States and got one free with my new bank account.

Anyone else think it amazingly ironic and hypocritical that bush cuts short another of his holidays to try to protect the life of the brain-dead coma victim whilst merrily glossing over his record as governor of texas during which time he signed 150 death warrants, granting only one stay of execution and steadfastly opposing gun control.

Yeah right, he REALLY thinks life is valuable - just like the rest of the right wing hypocrites.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here