Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will the first signing(s) come?

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
i agree he has saved the club but i along with plenty of others think that he is now holding the club back - you have your opinion - i have mine oh and i won't f*** off to spain

Not being rude, but i thought you said you weren't going to post on here anymore?

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Please explain how he is holding the club back please?

1)He has got us Falmer

2)From the worst ground in the league we have won 2 titles and a play off

3)He has brought in managers like adams,talyor,coppell

4)He has brought the board and the fans closer to each other than any other club in the country

5)This summer we will have one of the biggest budgets in the whole of league 1

If you could back your views up you might get some respect back...I can back up my views on Mr Knight by giving FACTS

:albion2::clap2::falmer:

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Yes you are allowed a opinion of course.But your problem is you attack Mr Knight but dont give ANYTHING TO BACK IT UP.If you did we would respect your views.

as i have said before what i know i have been told confidentially - that means i can't tell anyone - i do not post on here to annoy people but people should understand that Dick is not whiter than white and is not always the one that is in the right - i find it difficult to read that it is always everyone else that is wrong and not Dick knight - maybe put it this way - if there is something that if you know about and then someone comes along and tells the complete opposite to the story that you know and the innocent party is being slagged off - how would you feel

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

1)He has got us Falmer

4)He has brought the board and the fans closer to each other than any other club in the country

If you could back your views up you might get some respect back...I can back up my views on Mr Knight by giving FACTS

A* Dodo. :bowdown: :kiss:

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
as i have said before what i know i have been told confidentially - that means i can't tell anyone - i do not post on here to annoy people but people should understand that Dick is not whiter than white and is not always the one that is in the right - i find it difficult to read that it is always everyone else that is wrong and not Dick knight - maybe put it this way - if there is something that if you know about and then someone comes along and tells the complete opposite to the story that you know and the innocent party is being slagged off - how would you feel

It Depends. If I Knew It But Wasn't Sure And Was Sure That The Person Telling The Opposite Was Sure I Might Be Less Sure Than Say If I Was Sure, Really Sure And Was Sure That The Person Telling The Opposite Was Sure But Not Sure That He Was Fully Aware Of All the Facts, Then Sure, I Might Be More Sure Then.

Can I Ask - What Anti-Perspirant Do You Use?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008

1)He has got us Falmer

yes he has got us falmer - he also said that the funds were already in place - they weren't when we got the yes thats what they have ben sorting for nearly a year

yes we did win titles but that was the team

yes he has bought in good managers Adams Taylor Coppell Magee and Wilkins

plenty of fans that i know aren't that struck on Dick ( that ranges from friends family friends made through football and complete strangers at the games we talk too - quite a range of people ) - so the respect isn't that high

and as for the playing budget he will probably be giving Micky a lot more than Dean - but we shall see

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
It Depends. If I Knew It But Wasn't Sure And Was Sure That The Person Telling The Opposite Was Sure I Might Be Less Sure Than Say If I Was Sure, Really Sure And Was Sure That The Person Telling The Opposite Was Sure But Not Sure That He Was Fully Aware Of All the Facts, Then Sure, I Might Be More Sure Then.

Can I Ask - What Anti-Perspirant Do You Use?

it was quite simple - sorry if you can't understand

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
yes he has got us falmer - he also said that the funds were already in place - they weren't when we got the yes thats what they have ben sorting for nearly a year

yes we did win titles but that was the team

yes he has bought in good managers Adams Taylor Coppell Magee and Wilkins

plenty of fans that i know aren't that struck on Dick ( that ranges from friends family friends made through football and complete strangers at the games we talk too - quite a range of people ) - so the respect isn't that high

and as for the playing budget he will probably be giving Micky a lot more than Dean - but we shall see

Im sure I will not be the only one to reply to this
1)Who is Ben??? Without planning..Mr Knight could not get the funds in place...example if you buy a house you choose a house then get a mortage from the bank...you dont go to the bank and say Im thinking of buying a house give me the cash then I will make up my mind,
2)His money and the other board members brought that team and employed the managers that brought the players
3)Most fans I know ...know Dick Knight saved this club...did you go to Gillingham?Yes some fans are pissed off but most of them I speak to their last game was the play off final...like thousands of others they will get back on the glory bus for Falmer
4)You should be pleased that Micky Adams will have lots of money to spend..

Like I said before I and others on here can back up Mr Knight with facts until you can Im sorry but you will get shot down in flames.

But at the end of the day you love the albion...u spend your hard earnt money on them so that gives u one postive from me

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
yes but dick said everything finance everything was in place once we got the yes - cleary not

also if he is going to give Mick money why didn't he give it to dean ?

i suppose its a little bit like southampton problems - the meddling chairman i think they called it on meridian the other night

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
yes but dick said everything finance everything was in place once we got the yes - cleary not

i suppose its a little bit like southampton problems - the meddling chairman i think they called it on meridian the other night

Can you back any of this up?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

He did give Dean money, didn't he? He only had three transfer windows in which to operate in. Anyway, it is not as simple as giving Dean £500k and telling him to spend it. It is about spending money on specific targets. Were our targets available at that time etc. etc.

Did Dick really say the finance was in place? I can't remember that personally.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
He did give Dean money, didn't he? He only had three transfer windows in which to operate in. Anyway, it is not as simple as giving Dean £500k and telling him to spend it. It is about spending money on specific targets. Were our targets available at that time etc. etc.

unfortunately he did say it was in place - even my husband remembered and he has got a bad memory

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008

also dick will say oh i spent £300,000 on murray plus others but then forgets to say what he sold £250, deano £150,00 revell £35,000 elder we actually made money in january

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Never to my knowledge did any of the stadium team EVER say the funding was in place.

At the fans forum at Hove Dick said "NOW we can start to get the funding in place"

was that the forum earlier in the the year!! if it was all in place we shoudl have been able to get the money last year

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
also dick will say oh i spent £300,000 on murray plus others but then forgets to say what he sold £250, deano £150,00 revell £35,000 elder we actually made money in january

Made money how

Murrary 300k
Dixon 56k
Thomson 75k
Loan wages on richards

Out
Hammond 250k
Revall 150k
Elder 35k

That about evens out

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
was that the forum earlier in the the year!! if it was all in place we shoudl have been able to get the money last year

You cannot get funding up front on a project with no planning permission.

NO bank or lending institue would EVER lend for a project with no permission

The business plan has always been there to get the money but the money was never agreed except the £5.3 million from SEEDA

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

We are a selling club. The act of providing funds to replace those that are sold is still providing funds for targets.

May I turn your attention to Walsall FC? They have not paid a transfer fee for over five years, yet have sold players left, right and centre for big fees. What exactly do you want from him? Buy in players without selling? I don't think he ever claimed that we were going to have an influx of players without any outgoings. Aiming for bankruptcy is probably very low on the agenda of the board.

Should we use a transfer window profit as a stick to beat Dick with? Barring Hammond*, we have a stronger squad than when we started.

Plus you are ignoring the loans, Forster, Whing etc. They were not FREE!

* Let's not start on the Hammond business and throwing the wage structure out of the window... etc. etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here