Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When we get the decision on Falmer...

Lush

Mods' Pet
Current predictions seem to indicate that it will be next month. The build up has been incredible and - as stated on a previous thread - I am "beyond tense" now.

The trouble is - none of my immediate friends and family anywhere near understand what this means.

It will be a "oh that's nice" or "oh that's sad". Meanwhile I will be beside myself with joy or grief.

I think we should have an informal meet-up and drinking venue the day the news comes through. Apart from NSC with a can of Stella?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Maybe have a couple one in Brighton, one in Eastbourne etc for the day of the decission. Then have a major get together a few days after that.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'll be like you Lush. Beside myself with joy or grief.

Either way the minute I hear I will on the mobile to every Albion fan I know.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Depends on when and where I am. But, assuming it is during the working day, I predict running through my office with arms out wide - aeroplane stylee, shouting all sorts of incoherencies. Either that, or I set fire to my life.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
yup, if im in this country (worried that im going on holiday for 2 weeks next month!!) ill definitely come out for a drink or 7 if its a yes! none of my mates at college are albion fans!!

Lush

Mods' Pet
And a drink or 7 if it's a no. Either way I think we will all need therapy.

Suggestions for a venue? I suggest nowhere near Falmer - tempting though it will be to cheer/jeer at the locals.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
if its a yes it'll be :drink: and a :banana:

if its a no it'll be :drink: ,:drink: ,:drink: and :drink:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Lush said:
And a drink or 7 if it's a no. Either way I think we will all need therapy.

Suggestions for a venue? I suggest nowhere near Falmer - tempting though it will be to cheer/jeer at the locals.

true!!! what about a pub in town?? the font is nice and big, and sometimes it has 2 for 1 offers on drinks so itll be cheaper!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
King and Queen is nice and central and big (near the station for out of towners)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How about a party in the park?
Preston or Hove.
[unless its snowing]
:drink: :drink: :drink:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There is a small courtyard, yes.

The Large One said:
There must be a boozer near Lewes District Council Offices.
There are loads of decent boozers near the LDC offices. In my (extensive) experience, most of them are full of supporters of the Falmer Stadium project.

I agree with everyone who says that when we get the result, we should pay no attention to the losers. Let's just celebrate.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
There are loads of decent boozers near the LDC offices. In my (extensive) experience, most of them are full of supporters of the Falmer Stadium project.

I agree with everyone who says that when we get the result, we should pay no attention to the losers. Let's just celebrate.

Unless we are the losers then it's all down to Falmer Village to punch the lights out of every last one of those f**king NIMBYs.

I personally nominate The Swan as our pub for celebrations...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm working up in Kent for the next few months :( so the nearest weekend would be good...but having said that, if Prescott actually gives us the green light, I think I'd happily drive down to Brighton for the evening just to celebrate. Even with a coke.

I have no access to NSC during the week though now so have asked about 5 different people to text me the SECOND he makes his mind up :lolol:

Any chance you could e-mail me if we get a decision Lush?!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:
I'll be like you Lush. Beside myself with joy or grief.

Either way the minute I hear I will on the mobile to every Albion fan I know.

If you find out before me...CALL ME!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here