Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When was your home built?

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
1970, so every original feature is starting to need replacing, and none of the doors or windows are fitted at the right angles.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
my flat was original built 1875 according to survey when I bought it, though it was converted to flats 1994. Would have loved to own the whole house in the old days, with my own staff in the basement :ohmy:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Keeping people in the basement, are you Mark Dutroux in disguise?

It's an ancient smallholder's cottage (with several extensions dating from various eras, up to and including 1985). Despite being called "Railway Cottages", I know it pre-dates the railway, because it's on a map of the Firle estate that was made in the 1820s. And it was damaged by a flying bomb during the war. Piped water only arrived in 1970, replacing the milk churns of the stuff that were delivered by rail before then.

"Believed to have been built in the 1930s" was what the estate agent's bumph said when we bought it in 1975. But, hey! - who believes a word of what an estate agent tells you?

If I could be bothered to chip off the rendering, I would probably find it was all nice and flinty underneath. Or that might just let even more damp soak through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here