Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When was the last time we THRASHED someone?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Uncle Buck said:
Hence this quote from him;

Brighton manager Mark McGhee:

"To start the game like that was disappointing.

"But the rest of the game we did nothing wrong. In fact we won it 1-0.

just goes to show what a twat he really is

6-0 home to Masfield, winning 3-1 at home to Reading was pretty spesh a few years ago, especially as it was on the way to the championship

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
But Walsall was more of a thrashing!!

Best 45 minutes I've ever seen.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
gerbil said:

Not sure it was more of a thrashing - they seemed pretty equal to me.

What was really incredible about the Walsall one was that it was the second time we'd scored seven within three home games - we'd put seven past York a few weeks earlier (with a 1-1 draw against Palace as a sandwich). What days.

has to be chester 7-1 away with the bobsters first hatrick

ahhhhh think on that you youngsters , once we could score seven golas agaime rather than seven goals a season

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
mid-life Crisis at the madejski said:
Charlton at the Valley 3-0 Malcolm Poskett hat trick

Evening game....what a night that was:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
We were good against Charlton.............i remember us putting 7 past them at the Goldstone, and the Clowns were top of the table and unbeaten at the time.............oh happy days.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
bakesy said:
We were good against Charlton.............i remember us putting 7 past them at the Goldstone, and the Clowns were top of the table and unbeaten at the time.............oh happy days.:clap: :clap: :clap:

I also remember them (with Alan Simonson in their team) putting five past us in the pissing rain in 1985. :(

I stood on the Chicken Run and got drenched.

Last edited:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Gwylan said:
Not sure it was more of a thrashing - they seemed pretty equal to me.

What was really incredible about the Walsall one was that it was the second time we'd scored seven within three home games - we'd put seven past York a few weeks earlier (with a 1-1 draw against Palace as a sandwich). What days.

And the 1st half was dire.

A bit like last saturday really without the 7 2nd half goals :jester:

Jul 31, 2005
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Using Mark McGhee logic we thrashed Sheffield United 4-0* at Bramball Lane in the late 80s Paul Wood and kevin Bremner scoring.

*for the middle third of the game. Shame we lost the first third 3-0 and the final third 2-0!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
gerbil said:

Remember it well!

And only 2 players scored for us!

We also beat York 7-2 that season (it was 2-2 at one stage) That match was on MOTD

Stumpy Tim

junior said:
Surely the Toquay 6-2 game then?

That was a quality game. I remember we went 3-0 up, then Torquay pulled us back to 3-2 & then Kerry cleared one of the line which would have made it 3-3. The crowd & players woke up & we went on the rampage.

I know it was the bottom division, but that was still the best season I've had as an Albion fan. I was a season ticket holder & we thumped teams every other home game. The only probem that season was that we were rarely tested at home & it occasionally got a little boring - we either played badly & scraped a win/draw, or destroyed teams. And I believe that season was the last time I watched a game with Sim?

Apart from the Torquay game, highlights were beating Cheaterfield at home, & beating Orient 2-1 away. Would I swap destroying teams on a weekly basis compared to playing in the Championship for two seasons though? Absolutely not. Winning 4-0 each week is fun, but it doesn't compare to the odd win against Sunderland, Leeds, West Ham etc. And that's why we need to stay up this season - to preserve the possiblity of shocking the Big Boys every now & again

Last edited:

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
I remember us beating Wisbech 10-0 in the cup and Southend 9-0 the following home game (or something like that.) Late sixties I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here