Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When was the last time we scored FIVE in this division?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No, they beat us 5-3. It was pissing down and Simonson was playing for them - possibly the first time a former European footballer of the year has played at the Goldstone.

Don't forget that Keegan played for Southampton in the early 1980s, so he probably appeared at the Goldstone Ground.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We've only ever lost to Wolves by a single goal margin. We have a quite brilliant record against them in the League.

Seagull Stew

6-1 v Carlisle in October 1985. The Wolves game was the last of the previous season.

And Graham Moseley saved three penalties in that game!

Well, it was the same penalty, but kept having to be retaken. I think the ref wanted to give them a goal!

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
6-1 v Carlisle in October 1985. The Wolves game was the last of the previous season.

remember that game,night match,the carlisle goal was one of the best i'd seen at the goldstone
he got a generous round of applause if i remember rightly

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
4 other occasions i don't think have been mentioned

Preston NE 5-1 (78/79)
Mansfield 5-1 (77/78)
Bristol Rov. 6-1 (60/61)
Bristol C. 5-1 (59/60)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
remember that game,night match,the carlisle goal was one of the best i'd seen at the goldstone
he got a generous round of applause if i remember rightly

It was definitely a day match. I remember it as it was the first game I took my little brother to on the old East Terrace. He was saddled with unrealistic expectations that day, six different scorers, and I remember wondering how long it would be before that happened again. Now we know.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
It was definitely a day match. I remember it as it was the first game I took my little brother to on the old East Terrace. He was saddled with unrealistic expectations that day, six different scorers, and I remember wondering how long it would be before that happened again. Now we know.

Correct!

the six goalscorers were

Wilson
Jacobs
Saunders
Ferguson
Biley
Mortimer

got mixed up with the previous season,only beat carlisle 4-1!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here