Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When was the last time we had a creative midfielder

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Superseagull said:
If he was still at the club Mcghee would have him playing centre back by now.

The same Currie that 99% of NSC said was shit and lardy and what the f*** was Magoo doing signing him, surely not

Last edited:

fake slim said:
:yawn: that's original
I know, but it's incredible how it keeps tiny minds amused. In my nightmares I imagine myself being stuck next to these goons at an away game and listening to them repeat that one line over and over again - I bet that's exactly what they REALLY do :lolol:

Does this mean creative central midfielder? Because otherwise we have the brilliant Seb Carole :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

caz

Aug 10, 2005
A Good midfielder is when they leave Brighton, because they then continue to play in the midfield and not where McGhee thinks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
caz said:
A Good midfielder is when they leave Brighton, because they then continue to play in the midfield and not where McGhee thinks.

The only midfielder who moved on to better things was Currie. McGhee signed him when no other bugger including NSC thought he was good enough. Please explain your logic???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dies Irae said:
Alan Curbishley

Dennis Mortimor

Brian Horton

Phil Beale
Mortimer, Horton, Curbishley Yes

Beale No he was defender played alongside the centre half.

Last one was probably Case.

Currie and Carole both play as wingers not as creative midfielders through whom the play goes as per those mentioned above.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That Yeates guy from Spurs was good but was knocking passes our other players did not read and was thinking one step ahead of the rest of the team so looked to the naked eye like he was rubbish...

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BG....

My memory must be playing tricks

I stand corrected.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Richie Morris said:
That Yeates guy from Spurs was good but was knocking passes our other players did not read and was thinking one step ahead of the rest of the team so looked to the naked eye like he was rubbish...
Not that one again!
No doubt you think he is the star of ColU's midfield this season and that Halford and Danns aren't on the same wavelength as the Irish wizard when he gets his head down and passes to no one yet again.

Next time I play 5 a side I will announce after the game that my thinking was one step ahead of the rest of the team.

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
Definition of a creative midfielder is that he can pass the ball but is slow and can't be arsed to tackle ?
So Steve Sidwell, Jimmy Case and Brian Horton aren't creative ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BensGrandad said:
Mortimer, Horton, Curbishley Yes

Beale No he was defender played alongside the centre half.

What would we give to have a midfielder like any of the 3 above or a defender like Phil Beale now.

I have been saying for a long time, although not agreeing with Mark McCammon, we could have Michael Owen up front for us and we would still struggle to score goals as the midfield does not provide the ammunition for the strikers. Our midfield now is full of nothing as was shown against Leicester it consisted of up and over looping passes from Hammond that are easy meat for central defenders.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Reid and Nicolas. Either or both with a run in the centre. Why not? Both can pass, both can tackle. If they are given a run whats to say they won't impose themself more on the game.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
BensGrandad said:
What would we give to have a midfielder like any of the 3 above or a defender like Phil Beale now.

I have been saying for a long time, although not agreeing with Mark McCammon, we could have Michael Owen up front for us and we would still struggle to score goals as the midfield does not provide the ammunition for the strikers. Our midfield now is full of nothing as was shown against Leicester it consisted of up and over looping passes from Hammond that are easy meat for central defenders.
We still created some chances against both Leicester and Norwich that a good striker might have taken.
The idea of the creative midfield player went out with Hoddle, Hudson and Currie (the uncle).
Alf Ramsey wasn't wrong when he said Martin Peters was 10 years ahead of his time. The modern midfielder has to be so versatile eg Lampard, Sidwell, Gerrard.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Richie Morris said:

f*** off,he was just plain shit.

Currie and Brooker were WINGERS.

We have a decent creative midfielder at the club...PAUL RIED.

He was realy good playing there for Bradford,thats why we signed him.

Nicolas is a DEFENSVE midfielder.

Last decent Creative Midfielder we had was Steve Melton.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A creative midfielder is a synonym for slow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here