Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When was the last time Brighton recorded a home crowd of more than 22,500?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Arsenal in the FA cup in the late 80's.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im not buying who killed the zutons on principle.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
About 26,000 there that day, avec moi at my second ever Brighton game. I thought it would always be like that and away fans would always throw pound coins to supplement my pocket money.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I'd go for that: the promotion clinching game at the end of that season only drew about 19,800 by comparison & there's no way we've had anything like that high ever since.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Officialy the crowd for the FA Cup game against Pompey, in around 94, was less than 20k...according to those who did get into the ground, unlike yours truly, there were far more than that rammed into it.

This was at a time when crowds may have been fiddled due to attempts to underpay the taxman for money received on the gate...allegedly!

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Officialy the crowd for the FA Cup game against Pompey, in around 94, was less than 20k...according to those who did get into the ground, unlike yours truly, there were far more than that rammed into it.

This was at a time when crowds may have been fiddled due to attempts to underpay the taxman for money received on the gate...allegedly!

All true. I was there, they had it down as some ludicrous figure that was way below what was actually in the ground. I remember thinking there must have been around 20K in the ground that day.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
haha I remember that day, I was somewhat hammered, north stand was rammed!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here