Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When to take kids to football

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I took both mine at 4, but you've got to do it on their terms. If it's pissing down with rain, 0-0, the team are playing shit and they want to go home after 30 miniutes then go home. Don't stay to the end in the vain hope it'll get better, they'll just be squirming in their seats, hating every minute of it and won't go again. If by some chance after you've left we DO get better and go on to win you can always use that as an inducement for the next time ("Well last time we went early and missed the goals.")

I was lucky in that mine both went to the Goldstone. When they did get a bit bored they were able to play on the terraces. Obviously you can't do that at Withdean.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
She'll probably have fully grown out of watching the Albion and will be wanting to go to a Hannah Montana concert instead.

She's never seen Hannah Montana so there's no chance of that. She's more interested in basketball but as there's no top flight basketball in Brighton, there's no chance of her watching that either.

They both like going to watch Sussex though. I guess that, as Brovion says, if there's space to play on their own, watching a game becomes much more palatable.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd honestly try and hold off until Falmer , but if not I'd say the general age should be about 7
What he said. My son is 8 and now really wants to go. I might take to Withers when it gets warmer but wouldn't take him now as it would put him off. Last time I took him, we destroyed Orient 4-1 and he was bored out of his mind. :lolol:

Falmer will be different gravy, but I really do think that if the team is playing well, tickets will be like rocking horse shit for 2 years.

She's more interested in basketball but as there's no top flight basketball in Brighton, there's no chance of her watching that either.

Ever thought of taking her to that little place 20 minutes west of brighton called Worthing where we DO have a top flight basketball team :smile:

Can't say I've been theresince the Thunder reached the BBL as was Worthing FC all year last season, however from my previous experiences it's a good experience.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ever thought of taking her to that little place 20 minutes west of brighton called Worthing where we DO have a top flight basketball team :smile:

Can't say I've been theresince the Thunder reached the BBL as was Worthing FC all year last season, however from my previous experiences it's a good experience.

I checked them out but they play at very child-unfriendly hours. When she's about 11 or 12, she'll be able to stay up late but not at 6 or 7.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Years ago at Old Trafford watching the Albion from a lower terrace,the Manchurians were throwing down plastic cups of wee-wee from the upper tiers and shouting "stinky wee heads" at us.Or something similar.

Take the child.If she's ever naughty threaten to take her again!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here