Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When The Sun Is Shining, BN1 Is Truly GOD'S OWN POSTCODE

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can there be a better place to live anywhere in the UK than BN1 when the sun is shining. Just spent a glorious day on the beach followed by a mooch around Pride, directly across the road from my Stylish Loft Apartment For Stylish City Living. Sad that most of the HeteroCouple natives that I know make their excuses and avoid it like the plague, cos whatever floats your boat, some of the fittest bodies on the planet are on display in the park today. And a Nice And safe Attitude prevails throughtout. It's a damn fine place to be. Oh, and Stripes-count, apart from me and me Palookaville top, appears to be zero. Oh well.

I love this city :love:

D

Deleted User X18H

Can there be a better place to live anywhere in the UK than BN1 when the sun is shining. Just spent a glorious day on the beach followed by a mooch around Pride, directly across the road from my Stylish Loft Apartment For Stylish City Living. Sad that most of the HeteroCouple natives that I know make their excuses and avoid it like the plague, cos whatever floats your boat, some of the fittest bodies on the planet are on display in the park today. And a Nice And safe Attitude prevails throughtout. It's a damn fine place to be. Oh, and Stripes-count, apart from me and me Palookaville top, appears to be zero. Oh well.

Oh you fool

D

Deleted User X18H

you were on here not that long ago slagging them all off for the mess you encountered in the park on one Sunday after Pride

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
you were on here not that long ago slagging them all off for the mess you encountered in the park on one Sunday after Pride

That might have been me complaining about it. I was accused of being homophobic. I'm certainly against gay litter!

Agree about BN1 on a sunny day; you can't beat it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That might have been me complaining about it. I was accused of being homophobic. I'm certainly against gay litter!

Well, as I posted before, I live opposite the park. As per the ongoing Albion litter pickup at Withdean, Pride has an obligation to pick up all litter from Preston Park. Which they do, without fail. Park will be back to normal by Monday.

Credit where it's due :clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
An attic then? ???

Yup, got me bang to rights there dougdeep. Tho a 250K attic thanks to stoopidstoopidstoopid incomers. Five times what i paid for it ten years ago. At some point, probably when it is 'worth' half a million in three years time I'll sell up and buy a small town in Albania :thumbsup:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
On such days i much prefer the inside, clouding the windows of my modest cell with distrustful breath and judgemental thoughts of urban floggings for any man who dares murder his wife, mistress or manexchanger and intering her or him in the garden my block of flats all share and water. If my flat were large enough, it may have two sides, each windowed, and i could change views, perhaps eyeing a disagreement between two neighbours over the ownership or mastery of a lovable dog that seems to have outwitted them both to see this battle for his tongue and attention. I'd perhaps have to bet with myself who's likely to win Mutley, or Grover, or David Grubbs, or whatever a dog's name really is. I'd go for the fella at first, the scrape of his stubbled jowls both freshening and scowlish at once, a tangle of cleany move and order. But after a few moments i'd think of the eyes of things, and how humans all mostly lust for pets whose balls of sight close for cover in tandem with their's; whose ducts fill with wettened beastly thought just as ours might when bones or ideas are stolen or dug up with reprimanding look and spade; when they sit atop the arid, unreadable grave of a loved master where offspring's loyalty and floral grieving has departed for good, looking left and right, expecting that rusty whiff to be alone once more and come to physically pat the head of this distinguished waiter; and i'd think the promised affection of the female's glance, and dogfood secretly churned and rubbed on her upper thighs, would win the dog over.
I'd then roll into bed and clog my thoughts with how i could capture the dog, as it's new owneress showers herself looking to rid the ghastly, crunched-heart make-up from her outskirts of her sexual organs, make it dig up the body of the recently-murdered partner on the other side of my life, drop the bloodied dress from it's ripped and gashed discovery on my doorstep, and return home before Mrs Shame emerges from the stand-up bath to hold him and apologise for her deceptive bid earlier that day. I'd then phone the police and inform them of what i know and the scheme i speedily came up with to claim the evidence all great detectives need to point fingers innocently and earnestly at the evil (and demand the £5000 that all intrepid solvers deserve for their as yet unpaid work). The man i'd seen possibly slay his husband/brother would be imprisoned for a decade or so, newspapers and 'authors' retelling his tale for money's sake while i swanned in the glory my actions provoked. The killer would either hang himself in jail one day with the belt of a very hefty man one cell or two down locked up for eating a living horse or drinking blood, or be released in later times and track me down for throat-slitting revenge. I'd be content and fulfilled with either.

Last edited:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Well, as I posted before, I live opposite the park. As per the ongoing Albion litter pickup at Withdean, Pride has an obligation to pick up all litter from Preston Park. Which they do, without fail. Park will be back to normal by Monday.

Credit where it's due :clap:

Was you living there about 5 years ago when it rained really heavily on the saturday leaving the park without a blade of grass on it....looked like a scene from the somb

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was you living there about 5 years ago when it rained really heavily on the saturday leaving the park without a blade of grass on it....looked like a scene from the somb

Was that the post-millenium Spring? The one where water was bubbling out the drains and we BN1 commuters were farmed onto 1930s style coaches at Haywards Heath and sent by the scenic route to BN1?

All-time low point commuting IMHO. Still gives me the shakes just thinking about it.

Brighton commuters are SO vulnerable to a tunnel or viaduct being zapped. Would f*** tnings up BIGTIME.

On the plus side tho, maybe these Buy To Let ****s would f*** off and DIE :thumbsup:

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

Manchester gets my vote....rain or sun!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Have to agree. Walking round the Lanes, round the Pavilion, etc on a sunny day always reminds you what a top place Brighton is. Especially when you don't get there as often as you'd like.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Was that the post-millenium Spring? The one where water was bubbling out the drains and we BN1 commuters were farmed onto 1930s style coaches at Haywards Heath and sent by the scenic route to BN1?

It was pride so Aug time...probably around 01 0r 02 ish. I have honestly never seen Preston park looking like a ploughed field before....but the grass came back and was as good as new within a few months

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
On the plus side tho, maybe these Buy To Let ****s would f*** off and DIE :thumbsup:

Amen to that. Some sucker is paying more than 3 times what I paid for my 1 bed Basement Flat up Hamilton Road. I'm off to Shoreham though in order to get value for money....& a bit of peace & quiet!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
BN25 is the best though really.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The problem with Brighton on a sunny day is that it attracts all the day-tripping pikey scum from Croydon, Crawley and London. There are many places I'd rather be on a sunny day than there.

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
The problem with Brighton on a sunny day is that it attracts all the day-tripping pikey scum from Croydon, Crawley and London. There are many places I'd rather be on a sunny day than there.

Ye OK we do get a lot of shit down, but an awfull lot of really nice people from all over the world come here and I for one am proud to see them.
The old pubs in the lanes and the North Laine are a joy to anyone that loves what England is about. I know some are owned by non English peple but that matters not a jot.

Brighton is a joy to live in and a joy to visit.

God bless the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here