Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When the mute button has to be used?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Dont blame her. I am same when they also show the Double glazing one, where the comedian guy screams out BUY ONE GET ONE FREE and shouts like a crazed man....do pass on my condolences to the wife next time that friggin tenor is on

Detest the go compare ones but rather oddly i love the BOGOF ones!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
(1) Whenever they play that truly horrendous and embarrassing bouncy version of Sussex By The Sea after games at Withdean. Luckily I think they only do it when we win so we don't get to hear it much. I bet the away fans wonder what the hell is going on.

(2) Whenever any adverts for 118 services pop up on the radio, no matter which one

(3) When these cackling harridans are on screen:
Loose-Women-98abf751-7454-4f82-a90e-c8ec388ec3bb.jpg

Actually, in the case of the last one, it's not so much the Mute button, as the Off button, come to think of it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oooh, and Iceland adverts featuring Jason Donovan and a non-specific Nolan. If ever there was a sign that your televisual career has been consigned to the bottom of the toilet pan and your dignity flushed away like a particularly smooth turd, hawking mini chicken kievs, salmon & prawn roulades and frozen profiteroles to the underclasses is surely it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
whenever Nasser Hussain is commentating!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
For me its when that goddam annoying Go-compare friggin advert comes on, with the twirly moustached pavarotti figure...grrrr

A friend of mine knows the husband & wife team that wrote that advert [or so he tells me] - as well as this they penned 'Sheila's Wheels' and the Direct Line one.

Apparently they're highly academic, very intelligent and intellectual people. And, I would imagine, absolutely f*cking ROLLING in it. :lol:

When I was a young lad I'd be watching a smutty film with the sound turned down low cos my parents were in the next room. Everytime the ad breaks came on, I guarentee you'd get that WHOOOOOOAAAAHHH BODYFOOORRRRMMMM, BODYFORM FOR YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU commercial for vampires teabags come on at full pelt, creating a mad panic of rustling sheets as I desperately rummaged for the remote control.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Alan Brazil on Talksport. I don't mind a Scottish accent, but his voice just grates. Same with Darren Gough on Talksport, talks such a load of crap as well.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If I could have a selective mute on my radio just to filter out Alan Green that would be fine.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That Go Compare one is up there with the Dell one with the men in the factory singing "Lollypop, lollypop, ooh lollypop..." for total and utter tediocrity.

Yup, those two. Will boycott their products til they stop broadcasting that shit. Oh, and the Sheila's Wheels ad is equally pathetic. I don't believe for a second that it works. Or if it does, it only works with special people.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Toolstation ad, only seems to be on the cheaper satellite channels. Its seems to be an Argos for hardware, but the ad makes it out to be some mad wacky fun-house. Where I want to kill everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here