Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When the mute button has to be used?

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
For me its when that goddam annoying Go-compare friggin advert comes on, with the twirly moustached pavarotti figure...grrrr

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
my wife goes apoplectic when that comes on.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
When at the end of a program they show all the best bits of the next episode. Grr!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
my wife goes apoplectic when that comes on.

Dont blame her. I am same when they also show the Double glazing one, where the comedian guy screams out BUY ONE GET ONE FREE and shouts like a crazed man....do pass on my condolences to the wife next time that friggin tenor is on

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
For me its when that goddam annoying Go-compare friggin advert comes on, with the twirly moustached pavarotti figure...grrrr

Hate that f***ing ad, when i broke my arm i watched tv allday and must have saw it 30 times a day. Now my stepson whacks it up full volume to piss me off!!!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
When at the end of a program they show all the best bits of the next episode. Grr!

on a couple of US dramas they show at the beginning whats about to bloody happen! which brings me to one thing that the mute button cant help with. Why oh effin why do so many US programmes still show opening credits when programme has already beeen on 10 mins

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
We may hate them, but we have them firmly in our mind, so they work.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Paul O'Grady Show usually consisted of constant screams or loud segments telling everyone what was coming up next. I often wondered what they fed the audience with in order to find everything on the program so worth busting their own eardrums for ?:angry:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That Go Compare one is up there with the Dell one with the men in the factory singing "Lollypop, lollypop, ooh lollypop..." for total and utter tediocrity. The one for Direct Line where Stephen Fry and Paul Merton do the voices "Oi buzz of beaky, any voluvants left and they're ours..." is another.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I respect Paul Samrah for his work leading to the Falmer Stadium approval, but I wish I had a remote for every time he introduced 'our very own BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBIIIIOOON' :cry:

At least he has stopped saying 'Falmer Bound!'

His voice amplified by the speaker does my head in!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I respect Paul Samrah for his work leading to the Falmer Stadium approval, but I wish I had a remote for every time he introduced 'our very own BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBIIIIOOON' :cry:

At least he has stopped saying 'Falmer Bound!'

His voice amplified by the speaker does my head in!

At least you can hear what Paul says. I can never make out what Attilla is saying. Mind you I wish I had not heard Paul say on Boxing Day that there was 1 more wet Christmas at Falmer. I'm sure that depressed the crowd before the game kicked off.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The " Webuyanycarwebuyanycarwebuywebuywebuyanycar.com" pisses me off too

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
What about the "Sheilas poxy wheels" insurance thingy on the weather that is also infuriating

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The ones that gets me right now are the COOP ads where they have used a Scottish voiceover man simply to try and get the word "GOOD" to rhyme with "FOOD". It doesn't. No matter what bloody accent you use. Tossers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here