Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When suggesting players to..ask the club!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
byf said:
Dont believe everything DK says..he's not God,He will hide away for months and speak only when he has to...and when he does..most fans go..oh gr8...silly me for ever doubting you....avoid any difficult questions and we will see you next season for a fans forum!

So what do you propose?

Erm.... we can't actually invest any money IN to Falmer until we get the green light to actually buy the land and then build there at all.
The costly business has surely been the harrassments and paperworks and solicitor's filings and court hearings and petitionings of councilors and and and.

I would hope that we allot a certain budget towards that cause, and another for players.
Having given long contracts to some less-than-brilliant players a couple of years back, I think we have a wage expense bill that includes some people who aren't going to be in any way helpful on the pitch, or have any potential for the future. Aging players have to either move on to lower-league clubs, or stay at a club that is headed that way (and is accepting of that destiny).

Any club that maintains ambitions, will only be interested in players that have potential to be used in a higher division - or to get us there.

Sorry to be so ruthless about this, but Mayo, Carpenter, and Oatway are clearly no longer going to make the grade in the Championship OR get us into the position among those clubs that WILL be heading that way. Hart and Butters let's face it, are nearing the end of careers at this level, and couldn't be expected to make the higher grade either if we were jockeying for promotion.

It is patently clear that the young players have to be very ambitious, and the manager and chairman match that ambition by keeping quality going higher and higher - and that includes the players they bring in.

O'Cearuill looks to be rather decent, it's too soon to know about Elder. There is still certainly room for more improvements - and especially in the midfield (how long now?).
Wilkins also has to keep working on his tactical acumen, from what I've seen.

We'll have to see what happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here