Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WHEN Prescott says YES to Falmer, do the NIMBYs get a chance to appeal?

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
dave the gaffer said:
No need to resort to petty insults is there?

So I am a nob then...as much as you are a nob who was telling me how the original inspectors were convinced of our arguements and we would get a YES the first time round?

I bet you a crisp tenner he says yes to sheepcoat.

I'll take you up on that tenner ! :D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sorry the offer is only open to fat bearded blokes :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nah...I am a tight Yorkshireman...£10 it is

Yoda

English & European
The Large One said:
Sheepcote (the site) is sound, but Sheepcote (the location) is dire. Transport issues, old love.

One of the reasons Prescott didn't say YES was because the case had not been proven that nowhere else was available and suitable.

One of the reasons he didn't say NO was because those reports got it so badly wrong. They were not up to speed on the latest government policies and commented on things outside their remit.

It was hardly Prescott's good heart that got us the re-opened inquiry but common sense and proper legal procedures. You can blame me if you want, but I am happier to blame two ill-conceived and badly-written reports.

However, I'll still HAPPILY buy you a pint. :drink:

Transport may not comeinto it if he were to take examples of other new grounds.

Take Coventry, out of town and no parking allowed near the stadium. They use a Park & Ride. He could say no to Falmer, build it at Sheepcote, and use park & ride's. :(

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yoda said:

Take Coventry, out of town and no parking allowed near the stadium. They use a Park & Ride. He could say no to Falmer, build it at Sheepcote, and use park & ride's. :(

But, as was said at the Inquiry - several times in fact - there aren't enough buses available to cater for this. And the Falmer opponents couldn't prove that there were.

Last edited:

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Yoda said:

Whether or not we use park & ride to Sheepcote either way cars/busses have still got to get there and the transport infrastructure around Sheepcote is dire.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
WHEN JP says "YES", who's up for going to the site with a pot of white paint and marking out a pitch?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Everest said:
WHEN JP says "YES", who's up for going to the site with a pot of white paint and marking out a pitch?
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Great plan.

Nice avatar by the way.

Yoda said:
They can still challenge the decision and take it to a judicial review.

Would be hard to see how they could succeed if they did after the second enquiry into other possible sites.

And they'd have to pay for it.........

At around £2m for the whole process, I don't think Falmer Parish Council would bother....

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
No. Dave said BLOKES! :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I only said it for effect anyway. :blush:

So NER.

Last edited: